Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

M24 ... An update on prices from my TA friend in the US.

In regards to upgrading from our new drink packages to the next better one, you just pay the difference. Easy is $35pp/day, Premium is $62, and Premium Plus is $79. To upgrade from Easy to Premium is an additional $27pp/day, and to upgrade from Premium to Premium Plus it is an additional $17pp/pp/pd.

Edited by sidari

Thank you Sidari. I'm a bit better prepared for when the agent responds.

So the Classic/Deluxe was $18/$26 to upgrade.

Now called Premium/Premium Plus and is $27/$44 to upgrade.

A few tweeks on the packages as well. 

Finally a confirmed email about the classic all inclusive when booked on the UK site for American sailings. 

The client has purchased and confirmed the all inclusive restaurant and bar drinks package prior to our packages being amended. therefore when the client is on board, nothing will change for them nor do they need to look for certain prices of drinks. This will be reflected on board

The clients package is still available to them and will not change. 

Should we be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind Regards
Rianna Peel
Booking Management

The new Drink Package Comparison Chart is on the US website.  As expected all information about Classic and Deluxe plans is now gone from MSC site.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/All_Inclusive_Drink_Package_Comparison_Guide_update11192018.pdf

I note the absence of Drink On Us.

Edited by Até

14 minutes ago, Até said:

The new Drink Package Comparison Chart is on the US website.  As expected all information about Classic and Deluxe plans is now gone from MSC site.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/All_Inclusive_Drink_Package_Comparison_Guide_update11192018.pdf

Am I imagining it or was the soft ice cream not in the alcoholic drinks packages after the gelato was dropped?

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Am I imagining it or was the soft ice cream not in the alcoholic drinks packages after the gelato was dropped?

Gelato does appear to be gone from the new packages.  I looks to me like they are trying to make it a drinks package, not a snacks package.

Definitely simplified.  One page.

Edited by Até

I just received a reply from the German customer service (after my 3rd question about the 8 USD limit in the old classic package regarging to the new prices of drinks) which I don't understand... I translated it to English: 

We would like to inform you that the price restriction is valid for the newly introduced packages.

According to the information of the responsible department, a folder with the description of the old and the new packages will be available on board for information on the tables in the bars and restaurants. 

We ask for your understanding.

2 hours ago, Até said:

Looking at that list, it occurs to me that "Easy" might apply from the MSC staff perspective.  If they know the bulk of the drinks they will server are from a standard menu (11 cocktails, 7 wines, 2 beers, and 6 liquors), that seems like it's simplifying their workload making it easier on them.  Maybe bar service will be improved now????

I still need the answer of whether Aurea is Premium or they'll honor Classic.  I would be disappointed that I can't upgrade to Deluxe as I'd hoped, but I would keep my booking with either of those answers.  Easy will make cancellation easy.  My TA hasn't heard yet.

23 hours ago, Até said:

I can't edit my post #282,  I meant to say not having an upgrade from DOU to Easy shows that DOU and Easy are basically the same.  That shows they realize Classic was an upgrade in comparison to Easy and thus should be treated as near Premium.

Exactly!  So then what's the benefit of booking Aurea if you book when DOU is an option?  Those prices should be adjusted down as a result, but I'm not seeing that.

So after a confusing first day it seems sorted out.  While no one knows anything (I can not get anyone to just say you get this or this), I just started ordering.  I would ask if it was included in my package everytime I ordered something in a new category, and so far all is as it should be.  Seems to be a $10 limit, and I have gelato and shakes included.

Not sure why they don't just spell it out, but MSC is treating me well with the upgraded Classic package.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cathep said:

I still need the answer of whether Aurea is Premium or they'll honor Classic.  I would be disappointed that I can't upgrade to Deluxe as I'd hoped, but I would keep my booking with either of those answers.  Easy will make cancellation easy.  My TA hasn't heard yet.

I'm pretty sure Classic/Deluxe packages will be honored including what was available at the time.  If the Classic/Deluxe people currently on the ships were not getting the choices they paid for we would be hearing much more by now.  Yes, any future upgrade is bound to cost more. 

2 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

So after a confusing first day it seems sorted out.  While no one knows anything (I can not get anyone to just say you get this or this), I just started ordering.  I would ask if it was included in my package everytime I ordered something in a new category, and so far all is as it should be.  Seems to be a $10 limit, and I have gelato and shakes included.

Not sure why they don't just spell it out, but MSC is treating me well with the upgraded Classic package.

Great news.  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mlbdude said:

Ah, we seem to post right past one another.  Good to hear it is working out, albeit in an MSC totally confusing way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

I'd be very happy if this is the outcome.  Thanks for the update and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlbdude said:

That’s great news for you and for us all!  Thanks for taking the time to report back.  Have a great vacation Cheers 🍻

• Like 1

I am glad to hear that the Classic package is working out the way it was intended.  Hopefully they will continue to honor it that way for anyone who booked that package.  I'm hoping to hear from someone who booked Aurea experience when the Classic package was the drink package included with it and if they were treated with the true classic package like mlbdude is getting.

For those without a pre purchased drink package are they offering upgrades from DOU on board? Cost?

This is what I received today from my travel agent 

Hi Earl, 

I've spoken to a manager at MSC and he did confirm that all guest who have purchased the Classic beverage package prior to the change will be covered under the current package price limit. I.e Cocktails at $9.25 and beers at $7.50 etc..