Club Class

haircut4u

22 minutes ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

Yes there are, we were just on the Ruby and there were a few tables against the wall around the corner from the entrance.  Even the tables that were near each other were about 75 cm (30 inches) apart.  You can ask for a special table the first night and keep it the entire cruise.  

We were told that keeping the same table was on a best effort basis.  On our spring cruise on the Emerald we had a favorite table.  Because most of club class ate early, and we usually showed up around 7:15 and it usually had just become available.

9 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

We were told that keeping the same table was on a best effort basis.  On our spring cruise on the Emerald we had a favorite table.  Because most of club class ate early, and we usually showed up around 7:15 and it usually had just become available.

Our table was always available and we dined between 5:30 and 6:30.  The CC area was never full, there were always tables.  We figured that only about 60 cabins (CC Mini-suites & full Suites) qualify for CC dining.  Not all of those cabins use the MDR on any one night (doing specialty, buffet, or in-room dining) and they also stagger dining times.  

Even if you can't be guaranteed the same table/server every night, we found that the area is so small that our 'regular' waiter would often come and find us to say 'Hello' and make sure we were being treated well!   That just doesn't happen in Anytime dining.    

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kenexx said:

Are there tables for 2 that aren’t close to other tables?

On the Majestic they had 3 tables for two all in a line where the back of one person faced the back of the person on the next two top. This way you clearly could not converse with the people on the next table.

These were the non sociable tables.

They also had tables for 4 in the middle of the room where they would seat a couple by themselves.

4 hours ago, sewgood said:

On the Majestic they had 3 tables for two all in a line where the back of one person faced the back of the person on the next two top. This way you clearly could not converse with the people on the next table.

These were the non sociable tables.

They also had tables for 4 in the middle of the room where they would seat a couple by themselves.

Oh good.   I’ll be looking for the non sociable tables then 😄

On 11/11/2018 at 11:04 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

Just got off a 14 day cruise with Royal CC dining.  There are many two tables and they are relatively close to each other.  I found that if you wanted to you could talk or not to the couples on either side of you.  So sit in a middle location and it will be like sitting at a table for 5.  Then if there is a day you are wanting to be alone to enjoy your meal and read, etc.  you can do that too.  CC dining can be as sociable as you want to make it.

Pooh

I don't mind meeting people elsewhere, but I really hate eating with people I don't know. This is my fear of club class. That I would pay sometimes thousands of dollars extra for the privilege not waiting hours to eat with just my party, only to be bombarded with unwanted small talk from the too close table next door. Please don't bother your neighbors. If they didn't want to be seated with others, odds are, they DON'T want to chat with you!

4 hours ago, tequilasunrise said:

I don't mind meeting people elsewhere, but I really hate eating with people I don't know. This is my fear of club class. That I would pay sometimes thousands of dollars extra for the privilege not waiting hours to eat with just my party, only to be bombarded with unwanted small talk from the too close table next door. Please don't bother your neighbors. If they didn't want to be seated with others, odds are, they DON'T want to chat with you!

First of all, I only pay at the most $19 pp per day more for CC and that is not thousands, more like $380 for a 10 day cruise.  Also, I have found people to be respectful enough and know when you don't want to do the small talk. We have gone both ways and can do both very easily.  Some nights we are gregarious and some we are "leave us alone" in attitude(nicely of course!) and have never had a problem.  It is the same in anytime dining at tables for two.  CC is no different, just so much better in other ways!  I assume you stay away from traditional dining like the plague!!!!

Pooh

Our fondest memories when cruising is meeting other people.  On Celebrity, we often sat at a table for two and enjoyed chatting with tables around us in Lumanae.  We are sailing Princess because we wanted to sail from the west coast.  Hopefully, club class will be the same experience.  

I'm wondering how we can describe a table that we would enjoy on the Grand Princess so we can easily chat with our neighbors?  We don't want our backs to the adjacent tables.

7 hours ago, tequilasunrise said:

Please don't bother your neighbors. If they didn't want to be seated with others, odds are, they DON'T want to chat with you!

That's not necessarily true.  We've been in Club Class a few times and when our friends weren't with us, we enjoyed talking with our neighbors.  Please don't assume that you know what everyone on a two top wants.  While we always ask to share, sometimes that's not possible, either because all the 4+ tables are taken, or it's pretty late and we're the last in.  So, YMMV.

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

Our fondest memories when cruising is meeting other people.  On Celebrity, we often sat at a table for two and enjoyed chatting with tables around us in Lumanae.  We are sailing Princess because we wanted to sail from the west coast.  Hopefully, club class will be the same experience.  

I'm wondering how we can describe a table that we would enjoy on the Grand Princess so we can easily chat with our neighbors?  We don't want our backs to the adjacent tables.

What cruise are you on?  We'll sit next to you!

2 hours ago, suekel said:

What cruise are you on?  We'll sit next to you!

We will be on the Grand Princess.  It was very, very rare that the next table did not chat with us.  

I'm wondering about the breakfast on the Grand in the Crown Grill.  How does the table configuration change the ease of enjoying your neighbor's company?

55 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

We will be on the Grand Princess.  It was very, very rare that the next table did not chat with us.  

I'm wondering about the breakfast on the Grand in the Crown Grill.  How does the table configuration change the ease of enjoying your neighbor's company?

The tables in the Crown Grill are not like in the MDR... they don't really lend themselves to chatting with your neighbor if that is what you were wondering.  You will find they are more like a nice restaurant on land.  There are some booths by the window and some separate tables in the main part of the dining room.  There are just a few tables set up against bench seats that could be right next to the next table but we've not seen these occupied during the suite breakfast.  

On the CB, they have added more CC cabins and they had to add a couple tables across the aisle - they have been packed and we decided we would go to the bar for a drink and wait for an open table in the regular section rather than being away from the fun.   They have always had some terrific waiters in CC but this cruise they seem to be over worked.  Our head waiter is running around like mad back and forth to the kitchen.  One reason is that they have more special requests for foods than they ever have.   The head waiter is usually in charge of making the "special" selection but the waiters have had to step in.  For the first cruise ever, we have had to ask for more water and coffee.  Last night I asked for coffee and we had to ask again 10 minutes later.   We also wanted to order a bottle of wine but they rushed away right after serving us our food and we never had a opportunity to ask for it.   They are just so busy that the "special atmosphere is gone".    We aren't sure if we really want to go up there tonight.   All the staff is great but there is one guy that is really outstanding and we requested his section.  But I think everyone else has also because it is always full.

11 minutes ago, compozer said:

On the CB, they have added more CC cabins and they had to add a couple tables across the aisle - they have been packed and we decided we would go to the bar for a drink and wait for an open table in the regular section rather than being away from the fun.   They have always had some terrific waiters in CC but this cruise they seem to be over worked.  Our head waiter is running around like mad back and forth to the kitchen.  One reason is that they have more special requests for foods than they ever have.   The head waiter is usually in charge of making the "special" selection but the waiters have had to step in.  For the first cruise ever, we have had to ask for more water and coffee.  Last night I asked for coffee and we had to ask again 10 minutes later.   We also wanted to order a bottle of wine but they rushed away right after serving us our food and we never had a opportunity to ask for it.   They are just so busy that the "special atmosphere is gone".    We aren't sure if we really want to go up there tonight.   All the staff is great but there is one guy that is really outstanding and we requested his section.  But I think everyone else has also because it is always full.

Sandy I keep saying that we have had waits on the last 4 ships with CC. But the naysayers keep telling me thats impossible.

Oh well, it was good when it first started. Too bad.  🙁

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Sandy I keep saying that we have had waits on the last 4 ships with CC. But the naysayers keep telling me thats impossible.

Oh well, it was good when it first started. Too bad.  🙁

Please tell us about when you had CC waits ... you said last 4 ships ... every night or what. ???

Last night we went in at 9pm.   Many tables were available but all the staff were busy cleaning up so not the best time to go.  We only saw one other couple when we left at 9:45.   And it really is too last to eat.   And I am sure the staff is dead tired and would love everyone to leave asap.

50 minutes ago, compozer said:

Last night we went in at 9pm.   Many tables were available but all the staff were busy cleaning up so not the best time to go.  We only saw one other couple when we left at 9:45.   And it really is too last to eat.   And I am sure the staff is dead tired and would love everyone to leave asap.

One night we went to the Show (Magic to do) at 8.  It runs about 50 minutes, so we arrived at CC dining at around 9 - and yeah, we also were the last to leave - in the entire dining room.  The staff was mostly gone by the time we were eating, but our waiter, assistant waiter an the headwaiter were there throughout, and gracious.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 1:35 PM, abbydancer said:

One night we went to the Show (Magic to do) at 8.  It runs about 50 minutes, so we arrived at CC dining at around 9 - and yeah, we also were the last to leave - in the entire dining room.  The staff was mostly gone by the time we were eating, but our waiter, assistant waiter an the headwaiter were there throughout, and gracious.

We've also arrived about 30 minutes before closing time in CC and were still given great service.  👍

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

We are thinking of boooking a TA on the Enchanted in Oct 2020.

We enjoyed Club Class on the Island Princess.

I do not see Club Class cabins on Enchanted Princess - am I missing anything?

Go to: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Enchanted-Princess

Look at the Mini-Suites, M1 are club class Minisuites.  I think M6 are minisuites also.  

8 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

We are thinking of boooking a TA on the Enchanted in Oct 2020.

We enjoyed Club Class on the Island Princess.

I do not see Club Class cabins on Enchanted Princess - am I missing anything?

I think they are all sold out.  We ended up booking a Window Suite for the same price.