Baltic Cruise Excursions?

mevs904

10 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

You’re welcome, just paying it forward!  I realized after I posted I had the castle we visited from Warndemunde wrong...it is Schwerin. Sorry about that!

Perfect!  We were looking at going to Schwerin.

22 hours ago, mevs904 said:

Perfect!  We were looking at going to Schwerin.

It was very easy and we enjoyed our visit.  It was drizzling so we didn’t get to enjoy the grounds as much as we would have liked. 

Hope your visit is as nice as ours. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers, we will be going to the Baltics on P&O in May.  First trip across the pond.  We will be going to Kristiansand, Norway, Copenhagen St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm and Warnemunde.  I so wanted to go to Berlin but we are not there long enough.  We have booked with TJ tours for St. Petersburg.  Will we be able to get a taxi or shuttle to town in any of these ports.  Does Warnemunde have taxis like some ports do that offer tours?  Thanks for any help on these ports.  I have looked at the ship tours and I would much rather do them on our own.  I do believe you get to do and see more that way.  Thanks again. 

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing Copenhagen for four full days prior to our Regal Cruise in August.  Planning on a Copenhagen Card. We stay at Marriott. Should we wait until we arrive to buy?  Are there any deals/discounts etc

14 minutes ago, jdavid said:

We are doing Copenhagen for four full days prior to our Regal Cruise in August.  Planning on a Copenhagen Card. We stay at Marriott. Should we wait until we arrive to buy?  Are there any deals/discounts etc

I intend to purchase my Copenhagen Card on arrival. If you order it online you pay in Euros, if you buy it in Copenhagen (I will pick it up at the airport) I think the price seems to be in Kroner. (Try changing the language on the website to Norwegian.) The conversion looked fairly accurate from my calculation.

If you don't plan to pick it up at the airport, you are far better to wait; there are lots of locations to buy, but only 4 (including the airport) to pick up a prepaid card. Having it sent to you has a delivery charge, and I don't think I would trust Canada Post.

https://copenhagencard.com/collect-and-ship

8 hours ago, jdavid said:

I would recommend waiting - the Marriott should sell the card (check with them to be certain).

26 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

I would recommend waiting - the Marriott should sell the card (check with them to be certain).

Here is the list of sales points

https://copenhagencard.com/sales-points

Note the caution "We cannot guarantee that all sales points have cards in stock."

I will be picking mine up at the airport, because I will be travelling in by train. Some of it depends on your timing; the validity is in hours, so that if your timing works you can split it over days. For me, I arrive at 9 am and my ship will depart at 8 pm on the fifth day, so I will buy a 120 hour card. If you are there for less than 4 days, you probably want a 72 hour, and you might want to look at when to set your period.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, angie7911922 said:

We used Anastasia's Travel in St. Petersburg and Berlin. The local travel companies usually have better prices in than the ships do. We learned a lot and had a great time. The guides were so knowledgeable and they made everything so easy for me. I just had to show up. 

We also used Anastasia Travel for St. Petersburg and Berlin! Everything went smooth and I have already mentioned  in some of these posts. There are many agencies to choose from but we decided to go with Anastasia Travel for their great ratings and recommendations and we didn't regret it. Good luck!