Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

I cannot get past the login screen in Tapatalk when I go to add the group Cruise Critic. It asks me to login or register. I log in because I already have a CC account. It leeps

telling me Login Failed. Underneath that is says Forgot Password? And below that OK. I have no idea how to fix this. I get the same error message be it my iPhone or my iPad. 

Here’s the picture of the message I get 

0BB1E436-EC69-4C4A-97B2-63F4117442F6.thumb.jpeg.d01284c3d6690573faeefac57735b4a2.jpeg&key=6a9370c50c41cf345f2698668213acf2b36a1ca5801e6375b315ddfb1f996bbc

You are not going to be able to log in with the current release of the iOS app. (iPhone and iPad) That issue is fixed in the beta build that is being tested. I can log in with the beta. I don’t know how much testing they will have to do before releasing an updated version to the Apple App Store but it is surely coming. I am using the beta as much as I can to provide feedback so they can release an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I can't sign into  Cruise Critic using Tapatalk using an Android phone

See the attached PDF

all ss.pdf

In the last step when you click done it should log in.

Ignore the floating green circle, that is my password manager

Edited by AlanF65
replace PDF
  • Like 1

See the attached PDF  

all ss.pdf

Thanks that worked! 

Only problem I had was that it showed "Loading" on the top line after entering the login info, but I clicked "Done" and it took me to the next screen and I was logged in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

See the attached PDF

all ss.pdf

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!

I had pretty much dropped off of CC since Tapatalk support was dropped.  Noticed that it was back, but couldn't figure out the login thing.  It seemed like I was successfully logging in, but I wasn't.

Unfortunately, I couldn't download your PDF on my phone (claimed it was corrupted), so I downloaded it through the website on my PC - followed ALL the steps and I'm now logged in on my phone through TT again!   Yay!

I wonder if the issue downloading the PDF on my phone was that I was doing it through TT, but not logged in.  Maybe you can't download files if you're not logged in.

1 hour ago, just_dont said:

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!

I had pretty much dropped off of CC since Tapatalk support was dropped.  Noticed that it was back, but couldn't figure out the login thing.  It seemed like I was successfully logging in, but I wasn't.

Unfortunately, I couldn't download your PDF on my phone (claimed it was corrupted), so I downloaded it through the website on my PC - followed ALL the steps and I'm now logged in on my phone through TT again!   Yay!

I wonder if the issue downloading the PDF on my phone was that I was doing it through TT, but not logged in.  Maybe you can't download files if you're not logged in.

The corruption might be the markups.

I have uploaded a new file as I can't replace the old one, I tried to make it clear to click done

And here are screen shots

Step 1

image.png.f8bd0c8b997ca99c3a84473a9f0bd18a.png

Step 2

image.png.e32b93670abdea09eaf5f68bdd510142.png

step 3

image.png.82e7a786c3aecd467ddf5ab20e201bb3.png

Step 4

image.png.61e7f3ac6e0ee4a58cd42ca948867cef.png

Step 5

image.png.abb747d32f538ce7fb3b14cd87f9d2e3.png

Step 6

image.png.69aca8a7576b8dc96fe7d436f55c4b3a.png

new all ss.pdf

I am having the issue where I'm getting logged out of CC, even though TT thinks I'm still logged in. I'd hoped after the first successful login it'd remember my login, but it didn't. I have to manually logout, and NOT use the account information saved in TT, but completely re-login to CC (and click 'Done')

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, just_dont said:

I am having the issue where I'm getting logged out of CC, even though TT thinks I'm still logged in. I'd hoped after the first successful login it'd remember my login, but it didn't. I have to manually logout, and NOT use the account information saved in TT, but completely re-login to CC (and click 'Done')

Did you login thru TT or using the procedure recently described here?

Did you login thru TT or using the procedure recently described here?
The procedure here.
Not sure what caused the logout from CC, though TT thought I was still logged in to CC.
Had to logout from the CC forum (within TT) and then repeat the login as described in the PDF.
Will have to see if it keeps happening.

41 minutes ago, just_dont said:

The procedure here.
Not sure what caused the logout from CC, though TT thought I was still logged in to CC.
Had to logout from the CC forum (within TT) and then repeat the login as described in the PDF.
Will have to see if it keeps happening.

OK.. now that I think about it, I get logged out regularly on the website as well, so it would not be surprising if it happens when using this login method on TT.

8 hours ago, just_dont said:

I'm having the same problem.  However, at least I now know the procedure to log back in, thanks to Alan's step-by-step guide.  Who'd have known to say 'No' to that question?!

OK.. now that I think about it, I get logged out regularly on the website as well, so it would not be surprising if it happens when using this login method on TT.

I hope Cruise Critic can fix the log outs. Whether using a web site or the apps they are annoying. There must be an incompatibility between the Invision forum software and the log on method Cruise Critic is using. The other Invision board I use does not keep logging me out. The previous software that Cruise Critic used did not have the log out problem. I hate to say it but it seems like CC did not do “due diligence” in their software choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanF65 thanks for the guide. It's frustrating that we have to keep logging in but your guide makes it easier.
We are on Symphony in two week and I was not planning to do another live report but with these changes I may change my mind. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I hope Cruise Critic can fix the log outs. Whether using a web site or the apps they are annoying. There must be an incompatibility between the Invision forum software and the log on method Cruise Critic is using. The other Invision board I use does not keep logging me out. The previous software that Cruise Critic used did not have the log out problem. I hate to say it but it seems like CC did not do “due diligence” in their software choice.

Sounds like they wanted to roll this out this update in the worst possible way and they achieved their goal.

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks for the tips, Alan! I am able to use TT! One weird thing I've noticed on CC on TT, is that my Subscribed threads don't list in order of the last post made. They're all mixed up. First a thread with the last post a week ago, then one from 15 minutes ago, then one from November, etc. And my Participated threads only includes 20 threads. But it's a start!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk