Claim credits for previous cruises

Call Royal.  They will assign each of your kids a C&A number and give them credit for past cruises.  When we sailed Allure for first time with  our kids it didn't occur to me and numbers weren't automatic.  When we booked our next cruise, Royal rep noticed.  He transferred me to C&A department to assign numbers and they have credit for past cruise.

14 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

they should inherit your status, no need to detail what they have sailed.

If, for some reason it does not work like this then just call the C&A folks and they will straighten it out.

Steve

Detailing and getting credit is a good idea.  Without doing that when they turned 18 they would have 0 points and since they did not have a C&A number there is the possibility they would not even inherit status.

Much easier to get it corrected now than 10 years or more  down the road.

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Detailing and getting credit is a good idea.  Without doing that when they turned 18 they would have 0 points and since they did not have a C&A number there is the possibility they would not even inherit status.

Much easier to get it corrected now than 10 years or more  down the road.

AGREE!! 

I had a huge fight with C&A years back when I booked my two sons for a family cruise.  They became D+ when we did, and I received a letter for all four of us, congratulating us on reaching D+, with all four C&A number and names.

Then, years later when I booked them for a family cruise, they tried to put them back to Gold level.  I pitched a fit.  I told them it's one thing if there was not written agreement, but I had their names, C&A numbers on an official RCCL letterhead document announcing their D+ status, and that's a contract.  They gave in, and when we got on the ship, I had my now DIL added so she could inherit my son's status.  

In my opinion you can change the rules anyway you want, but you don't retroactively punish current members.  That's unethical.

So, get the detail recorded and keep a copy of it.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:36 AM, LuCruise said:

Call Royal.  They will assign each of your kids a C&A number and give them credit for past cruises.  When we sailed Allure for first time with  our kids it didn't occur to me and numbers weren't automatic.  When we booked our next cruise, Royal rep noticed.  He transferred me to C&A department to assign numbers and they have credit for past cruise.

TY. I called C&A. Got credits for all the sails including our 1st cruise 10 yrs ago.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 8:20 AM, pcur said:

Then, years later when I booked them for a family cruise, they tried to put them back to Gold level.  I pitched a fit.  I told them it's one thing if there was not written agreement, but I had their names, C&A numbers on an official RCCL letterhead document announcing their D+ status, and that's a contract.  They gave in, and when we got on the ship, I had my now DIL added so she could inherit my son's status.  

I knew there was a time when they were demoting children who had previously been "gifted" their parents status.  On this recent thread I'm told that children are no longer demoted (at least they aren't supposed to be) -