Seaside Tender Question for Grand Cayman

Luckyone2

On 11/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, Luckyone2 said:

In Grand Cayman, what is the tender ticket process for non-yacht club passengers?  I am thinking that it is best to buy a MSC excursion for this port.

Thank you!

You could join the shopping host and tender at 9am.

Also, black card gets priority tendering.....no need to pick up a ticket.

On 11/14/2018 at 6:20 PM, Mingus said:

You could join the shopping host and tender at 9am.

Also, black card gets priority tendering.....no need to pick up a ticket.

How does that work; and is it Black card priority only leaving ship, or does that work for return also? 

15 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

How does that work; and is it Black card priority only leaving ship, or does that work for return also? 

We received a notice from the shopping host the night before arriving at GC.

You would meet at the designated area and tender off as a group.

The Black card priority tendering is only for leaving the ship.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:41 PM, OceansOfTravels said:

MSC does the tender ticket process very nicely, we got our ticket and were off the boat in about 15 minutes. MSC strangely uses their own lifeboat tenders instead of the Cayman Island's tenders, but they still run efficiently and they do ticketing quite well. Not problems.

Do they use their own lifeboats as tenders all the time?  I saw a YouTube video from February, and it sure looked like the tenders we've always taken in GC.

9 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Do they use their own lifeboats as tenders all the time?  I saw a YouTube video from February, and it sure looked like the tenders we've always taken in GC.

On Divina in 2017 we used ship lifeboats.  On Seaside in 2018 we used the double deck port tenders.  I suppose it depends on how many ships and costs.

8 minutes ago, Até said:

On Divina in 2017 we used ship lifeboats.  On Seaside in 2018 we used the double deck port tenders.  I suppose it depends on how many ships and costs.

Interesting!  I also saw a video from a Holland American ship and it looked like they were definitely using life boats as tenders, possibly in Europe.  It was bobbing around in the water like a cork, and it even looked a little difficult to board.  We have never gotten sea sick on any of our cruises/tenders, but that motion looked like something that might trigger it, even with the Bonine I take.  

This is the first time I've ever heard of ships using their life boats as tenders.  Learn something new every day!

20 hours ago, jules815 said:

Interesting!  I also saw a video from a Holland American ship and it looked like they were definitely using life boats as tenders, possibly in Europe.  It was bobbing around in the water like a cork, and it even looked a little difficult to board.  We have never gotten sea sick on any of our cruises/tenders, but that motion looked like something that might trigger it, even with the Bonine I take.  

This is the first time I've ever heard of ships using their life boats as tenders.  Learn something new every day!

We've been there a few times and once on Divinia.  MSC was using lifeboats and others port tenders.

it is a short ride.