Double umbrella stroller on the ship?

derumedice

Hi!

I have 3 year old twins and was wondering if I should take their double umbrella stroller for our December cruise on MSC Seaside or if we should bring two individual umbrella strollers for them? For reference, it is not a full size double stroller. It is the umbrella version of a double stroller but it is still bigger and wider than regular single umbrella strollers.

We will use the strollers mostly pre cruise and during port excursions and not necessarily on the ship. But, I don't know if I will have any challenges fitting the double stroller through hallways, cabin door, etc.

Thanks for any insight and recommendation.

Side by side strollers are a hazard on a ship with not so wide corridors, steward's carts, people in wheelchairs, etc.  A standard cabin door is no more than 22".  I have measured corridors to be anywhere from 42-48", and sometimes it is different  depending on where you are on the ship.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We were just on Allure of the Seas and even though it seemed that their hallways were wider, a side by side would still have problems especially when the carts are out or if there are any other people in the hallways. We saw that someone actually brought a side by side RUNNING stroller and it was huge. We have 2 year old twins and took 2 umbrella strollers. It worked out great and we didn't have any issues at all. You can even take them to the dining room and they will stow them away for you until you're done eating. I would recommend something with good sized canopies though if you're taking any excursions. Our boys got super hot and luckily we bought the canopy attachments that can be folded up and put in a bag when we weren't using them. We ended up using the strollers a ton because the ship was so huge they would get tired. It also worked great for when we wanted to stroll around and they were sleeping. 

Edited by cruisinwithtwins