Advise for gifts for a world cruise

dcassetta

Hello all,

I asked this question on the Viking forum, but it was suggested I ask here too.  My folks will be going on the Viking Sun world cruise in January.  They have never done a cruise of this length before, although they have sailed on the Viking Sun previously in the Med.   I would like to get together a little gift basket of items that might be helpful on such a long cruise.  Is there anything people who have done a world cruise with Viking would recommend? 

I know they will have to do laundry, is laundry soap included?

TIA

p.s. I am completely jealous of all of you that get to take such an amazing trip.  I hope to get to do this someday. 

Edited by dcassetta

Don't know about Viking, but I'm thinking that laundry soap is included. Although some people have sensitivities to products, so maybe that would work.

How about things to remind them of home?  Like photos they can put on their walls (are the walls metal, so that magnets will work?) 

If you were going to splurge and buy them something travel-related, I would love to have a Fitbit when I do my WC in two years+!

I am not acquainted with Viking Cruises as to how inclusive their amenities are for a guest.  I have found for HAL world cruises having friends/relatives purchase on-board credit for me to be used to be most welcome gifts.  Maybe on Viking, such would not be as much appreciated, however.

• Like 1

-set them up for Skypeing with the kids

-a digital picture frame loaded with family pictures. Maybe the garden too.

-a gift order for a few bottles of wine with orders that once a month they are to reserve a romantic dinner for two to enjoy one at.

Bill