lack of cabins on newly released cruise

jojo1966

just a quick question - i have looked at a cruise in 2020 which is best of india and sri lanka - but when i go to cabin choice, it says there are only 2a, b, and c available. surely they cant have sold out of all other cabin types this early on  - i think it might even only just have been released. any idea why there would be  only cabins of that category showing?

thank you :-)

58 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

just a quick question - i have looked at a cruise in 2020 which is best of india and sri lanka - but when i go to cabin choice, it says there are only 2a, b, and c available. surely they cant have sold out of all other cabin types this early on  - i think it might even only just have been released. any idea why there would be  only cabins of that category showing?

thank you  

Same here

I looked at an Australia cruise for 2020 and all the good cabins were unavailable and this was the first day they were released.     

Same here.  

We wonder if the OP is relying on Celebrity's own web site...which IMHO is the worst way to book a cruise in terms of price and availability.  I just looked at the Connie's Best of India and Sri Lanka cruise in Jan 2020...and it shows availability of many categories including inside, outside, Concierge, Aqua and some suites.  And as it is with many of the better cruise agencies all the categories include generous benefits including OBCs, drink packages, tips, etc.

Hank

Just looked at the Celebrity Best of India for 2020 and it lists lots of cruises, and all of them had most cabin classes available. I’d suggest you go back and try again, or list which specific cruise you are asking about just in case we are missing it. But the drop down Categories show lots of cabin types. 

Den

The Celebrity booking site isn’t showing the deck plans for booking and in some cases only a couple of cabins.  On some cruises there is a place in the list view for available cabins that lets you pick a deck, then you see more cabins.

i wouldn’t ever book online so if it were me I would call Celebrity and book over the phone.  If you want to just check prices and availability then try a TA website.

my mistake - i assumed that there would be some veranda cabins classed as 1a,1b,1c etc - but on constellation it doesn't look like there is those categories. so all the veranda rooms are class 2a,b, and c - which is why there were no cat 1's

sorry 🙂