Cozumel island tour

GORDONCHICK

We've been to Cozumel many times, but we've never done an island tour.  There are 3 of us and we would like to hit the usual spots, though no bars since we don't drink.  I had found a company for this, but now I can't find the posts or the name of it.  Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

We've been to Cozumel many times, but we've never done an island tour.  There are 3 of us and we would like to hit the usual spots, though no bars since we don't drink.  I had found a company for this, but now I can't find the posts or the name of it.  Any suggestions?

ToursPlaza is who we use. 

Black Hat is sometimes suggested. You can also book through some broker sites but I don’t know which company they subcontract to.

10 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

ToursPlaza is who we use. 

Black Hat is sometimes suggested. You can also book through some broker sites but I don’t know which company they subcontract to.

Thanks.  ToursPlaza says all their cars are booked.

2 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Thanks.  ToursPlaza says all their cars are booked.

Thats a shame - they have a lot of drivers, are there a lot of ships in port?

you can always contract a driver at dispatch for a set number of hours if you have an idea of where you want to go. Just realize they are drivers NOT tour guides and some are better than others at making suggestions and commentary, or speaking English if that is important.

We used Blackhat Tours and were underwhelmed. Our driver was not really talkative.  He did customize a few things when we asked but never inquired at the start on what our interests were. We had a better tour last time with our luck of the draw taxi driver who didn’t have the best English skills, because he was enthusiastic. The good news is BH charges regular taxi rates, so it wasn’t more expensive. Also we had to walk pretty far from the taxi stand to get to his car. My mom had a hard time because we already had walked from the pier to the stand.