Help-Anthem of the Seas

Sounds like you are already booked on this one. If not I can suggest some things. If you are booked, well pick a good room. Enjoy early morning walks on the Promenade. We many times saw no one. If you don't want crowds avoid the sales.

We often went up to watch the robots mix drinks and look down onto the crowds buying stuff.

The Lounge 270 is Awesome.

The Solarium to relax when most people were at dinner or in a show was peaceful.

We went up in the NorthStar for 9 minutes. Not bad. But watched people in the IFly. It didn't look fun. It seemed more a struggle. 

That is a few things. 

The Cruise director is DRU. He was one of the best we ever had of many, many, cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

Im excited this being my second cruise. First was was Explorer of the Seas for 14 days. awesome time. Next one up is my Bday trip with family. Anthem of the Seas feb 23 2019. I have a quick question. On deck 11 is the that Ocean Adventure place which is only for kids. Is it noisy up there on that floor? Most of my family members are staying on deck 11. Kinda wanted to keep my parents up there with them, but if its too noisy, i would prefer deck 9. Thanks in Advance.

We're sailing on Anthem in Feb/19 (our third time on her, proposal, honeymoon and now just because!). We love it and we are not ones who participate in a lot of the planned activities. As mentioned, Two70 and CL are great for relaxing and finding a quiet space and so is Vintages! Particularly the outside seating (that is, in the Via, not outdoors) when they have live music playing by the sculpture. Beautiful spot to relax and enjoy the music and people watching without it feeling crowded. Only exception is when a show lets out but that crowd clears fairly quickly. 

Hope you enjoy!

On 11/17/2018 at 12:40 PM, voyager70 said:

Agree, the view is amazing.  Best CL I've been to.  We made the trek every day.

Glad to hear this our cabin on the Ovation is just down the hall from the CL, I can’t wait for that short walk to my morning coffee and snack.  I may become spoiled to be on that deck just to be close to the CL.

jc

• 3 weeks later...

Will be on Anthem for the first time in May.  Couple of Questions..

is the Diamond Lounge open all day?

is 270 a good place to sit and read for a couple of hours during the day. Or are there some better places?  

5 minutes ago, ecslady said:

is 270 a good place to sit and read for a couple of hours during the day. Or are there some better places?  

The Diamond Lounge is accessible 24 hours via your SeaPass card or WOW band.  Self-serve specialty coffee is available 24 hours (unless this is one of the ships that has started to limit that availability). However, other drinks are only served during the evening cocktail period.

There is also a continental breakfast available for a couple of hours in the morning.

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

270 is fine, but at times they do hold dance classes and other events there.  Check out the upper level of the 270. There is a quiet area on the starboard side and a small library and computer area on the port side.

Be sure to explore the entire ship early in the cruise.  There are other areas that might appeal for quiet reading, but you might have to move around.  The Solarium is quiet, but usually pretty full.  However there are less utilized areas outside on decks 15 and 16.  When the flow rider is not open, it’s pretty quiet out there.  Bars like Boleros and Vintages can be quiet during the day.  Schooner Bar is used for a lot of trivia.  Be prepared to move as scheduled events take over areas of the ship.

1 hour ago, 138east said:

270 is fine, but at times they do hold dance classes and other events there.  Check out the upper level of the 270. There is a quiet area on the starboard side and a small library and computer area on the port side.

Be sure to explore the entire ship early in the cruise.  There are other areas that might appeal for quiet reading, but you might have to move around.  The Solarium is quiet, but usually pretty full.  However there are less utilized areas outside on decks 15 and 16.  When the flow rider is not open, it’s pretty quiet out there.  Bars like Boleros and Vintages can be quiet during the day.  Schooner Bar is used for a lot of trivia.  Be prepared to move as scheduled events take over areas of the ship.

Thanks a bunch!  Actually excited to be back in the Schooner for daytime activities and nighttime music.  It's been a couple of years since I was on RC.  Looking forward to it. I'll probably do most of my reading while relaxing by a pool, solarium or outside, but sometimes I like a quiet area inside, especially since I'll be solo on this one and I'm in an inside cabin, where I will not spend much time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, ariesknowbest said:

Hello All.....my hubby's boss has given us a cruise, which I am very grateful (I have been on over 40 cruises).  However, he has chosen the Anthem of the Seas and I just can not get excited.  I loathe crowds, can't stand being herded like cattle, hate "organized" activities aka belly flop contests and the like.  I much prefer smaller ships with education speakers.  We have cruised many times on RCCL (Diamond Plus Member) however most of our sailings were prior to the mega ships.  

Please tell me something that is going to get me excited about this cruise.........The destination is Bermuda (which is where we got married) which I have been numerous times.  Please help....anything ....  thank you.  

Was on anthem in nov, and the solarium was always packed. So i guess it depends what time of Year you went. 

270 also got crowded, when schedule activities where going on. 

I found vintages to be nearly empty, and there is alot of relaxing seating in this area just outside of vintages(vintages us behind the horn)

20181114_111430.jpg