New Amex offer $100 off $500 today (11/20/18) through 3/31/19

ZoeyVictoria

8 hours ago, BigCruze said:

So we are already booked. Final payment is 3/8/19, would this qualify? 

Yes, as long as you charge $500 and it's to Carnival.  Anything that is purchased where the charge is through the Fun Shops does not qualify.  You are able to pay $500 towards the existing booking that you mention. 

13 minutes ago, newpherchris said:

Thanks for the link! It worked. Does anyone know if all $500 has to be in one transaction? It's not listed in the Terms and Conditions. (I owe less than $500 for my next cruise in February, so I'd apply the remaining balance to the following.)

It worked in separate transactions with the Starwood and Marriott offers so I'm assuming you should be fine with the Carnival one. Maybe you can ask Amex or someone else can confirm?

The previous offer was to spend $750 and get a $150 statement credit.  I didn’t have a $750 balance to pay, so I selected a cruise in late 2019 and booked a refundable rate.  I now have the option to take that cruise or to cancel it and move the money paid to a new cruise.  I will select a non-refundable rate at that time.  I look at it as putting $600 into the Bank of Carnival and later having $750 to use - I would not have earned anywhere near that amount in interest by putting the $600 I actually paid in a bank, and I don’t mind tying up the money for a while.

• Like 1

I'm using multiple AMEX accounts to cover @ 1500.00 of various fees (drink package, Spa, excursions) the problem is you don't have the option to use different credit cards online when checking out your "cart". The solution is to call carnival and they will split the fees on the phone and accept the multiple card numbers so you can take advantage of the $100 back on the $500 spend AMEX offer.

If anyone is curious the drink package charge showed up on my AMEX bill as "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES" only. The $100 statement credit has not applied yet but last year it was like 3 days before it showed up. Good Luck!

Kevin

8 hours ago, Blake18 said:

Has Anyone Tried Booking Carnival Shore Excursions Through their Website and does that qualify for the credit? My Cruise is already fully paid off.

I just booked shore excursions. Using today's discount. I'm crossing my fingers that it will count for the one hundred dollar statement credit. Another poster said it took about three days for the credit to show up on his account. I will be checking and will give an update.

We just got hubby an amex for the delta bonus miles (another offer I saw today when I searched for this offer). It might be tough to spend $500 on board since we will have cheers and have pre-paid grats....can I remove the grats now, and pay for them on board to get to the qualifying amount?

When this posting first appeared, I checked my AMEX Delta account and it wasn't listed.  I tried the link and it didn't work.  After reading the above postings that people added it I tried that link again and sure enough, there it was.  So, if anyone tried it at first, try it again.  This is the second time for this cruise that we have been able to use it.  $200 is a great saving!  Thank you to the OP for posting this.

8 hours ago, BENHANDEL said:

I just booked shore excursions. Using today's discount. I'm crossing my fingers that it will count for the one hundred dollar statement credit. Another poster said it took about three days for the credit to show up on his account. I will be checking and will give an update.

Thanks appreciate it please keep us updated. Did you get the email right after purchase? Your purchase was over $500? What does the name show pending on your account? 

2 hours ago, Blake18 said:

Thanks appreciate it please keep us updated. Did you get the email right after purchase? Your purchase was over $500? What does the name show pending on your account? 

I did spend over $500 on our shore excursions, charted to amex. I see those charges in my account.  I still see the offer in my offers section. I see no evidence (email or account) that I have the $100 coming my way-yet. 

On 11/20/2018 at 8:06 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I did my daily Amex offer check this morning and found the World’s Largest Cruise Lines offer to spend $500 and get a $100 statement credit.  Good on Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Seaboard or Cunard.

Thanks for the heads-up!  I have it saved to my card and will use to pay off my cruise.

1 hour ago, dizzneebabe said:

How do prepaid gratuities show up?  We're paid in full and I'd like to try to take advantage of this! If not, anyone know if I can use a Carnival gift card for them? Thanks!

Adding prepaid gratuities will work. Most of my cruises are port fees and taxes only, so I add the gratuities to get over the $500 to use this offer.

I have found that I can only get the offer on 1 card using the link. It gives a message that the offer is already on a card.

50 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

I just noticed that we booked our cruise prior to 11-20-2018.  Has anyone had any luck with using it with a cruise booked before that date?  Our final payment isn't due until December 10th.  

Amex has no way of knowing the date the cruise was booked.  As long as the charge posts as coming from the reservations department (as opposed to Fun Shops), it will work.

41 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Amex has no way of knowing the date the cruise was booked.  As long as the charge posts as coming from the reservations department (as opposed to Fun Shops), it will work.

Thank  you Zoey.  I plan on doing the check in and final payment on Monday.  Every little bit helps.  I was able to use it on the last time they offered it for this cruise too so that's $200 off.  Not bad at all.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:01 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

You were 100% right.  I made final payment today and I got an e-mail from AMEX telling me it went through before Carnival even sent me a confirmation that it was paid.  Sweet!  Again, thank you for that information.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:01 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Not necessarily true...

Amex has all of my booking information for my upcoming Princess Cruise listed on the transaction details, such as arrival/departure dates and booking numbers. They can utilize this information to determine whether there have been any past transactions with similar booking informationand to further determine eligiblity for targeted offers. 

This information isn’t detailed for my upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise when looking at my account activity.

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

You were 100% right.  I made final payment today and I got an e-mail from AMEX telling me it went through before Carnival even sent me a confirmation that it was paid.  Sweet!  Again, thank you for that information.

Shoot....so paying for my excursions probably won't get me the bonus... I did that last Wednesday when they went on sale and I have not received any email from American Express. 😞