Only Three Formal Nights on 14-day Regal Cruise?

mtmorrisgirl

I just printed the travel summary for our upcoming Dec. 2-16 cruise on the Regal and it indicates there are three formal nights.  Since this is technically two 7-day cruises back to back (Western Caribbean first week and Eastern Caribbean second week) I'm quite surprised.  I wonder which of the two cruises will have only one formal night.  

14 minutes ago, mtmorrisgirl said:

I just printed the travel summary for our upcoming Dec. 2-16 cruise on the Regal and it indicates there are three formal nights.  Since this is technically two 7-day cruises back to back (Western Caribbean first week and Eastern Caribbean second week) I'm quite surprised.  I wonder which of the two cruises will have only one formal night.  

There will be 2 formal nights each week.

the number you're seeing is if the cruise were a 14day with no b2b.

You are on the same setup that we are for the Sky in January 2020.  What happened is when the Princess site sees 14 days with only 1 booking number it reverts to the default 3 formal nights for a 14 day cruise.

I've talked with Princess customer service on this and they confirm that if the cruise is truly 2 7day cruises but allowed to be booked as a 14 day cruise with only 1 booking number there will still be 4 (2 each week) formal nights.

The Captain will determine which nights will be formal, and they will be announced in the daily platter.

• Like 1