Staying hydrated and caffeinated...

wolfie11

Taking my first cruise on Celebrity over Christmas but elite on Princess and trying to figure out how drinks work on  the ship.  I don’t drink alcohol or soda, and like one “good” latte or cappuccino in the morning and usually drink a sparkling water in the afternoon and water at meals.  I didn’t see anything like a coffee card or a coffee package offered under $18 per day and the premium water package is $16 per day.  Does anyone know what they charge for a single latte and a bottle of sparkling water?  Can I bring a bottle of water back on in port?

I see all the classics! I love both coffee and tea and can't get enough of either. I understand there are non-alcoholic beverage packages on celebrity. Since I don't drink alcohol, is there a beverage package that includes the Café al Bacio menu (and the smoothies at the Spa Cafe)?

I pulled this from a site which cc rules prohibit me posting.  It was posted in early 2018 so the price may have increased a little. 

Celebrity  offers a Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package which includes soda, freshly squeezed juices and bottled juices, premium coffee and teas, and non-premium bottled water. At $18 a day, and the average drink costs between $3 and $5, you need to consume about 4 drinks. This may be a lot easier than you think when you look at all of your options.

There is also an option to get the Celebrity Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Starting at $22 per day, this package includes everything in the classic package in addition to premium bottled water (e.g., Evian), specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks, and specialty bottled drinks like Vitamin Water and Red Bull Energy drinks.

We feel this package might be the best value for those who want unlimited options in drinks but do not consume alcohol. Depending on your beverages of choice, it will take four to five selections to reach the $22 a day total cost.

It is easy to see how a couple of lattes, one-liter bottles of water, and a few specialty beverages can add up quickly. This is especially true if you want to enjoy some virgin frozen cocktails!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tao Diva said:

I see all the classics! I love both coffee and tea and can't get enough of either. I understand there are non-alcoholic beverage packages on celebrity. Since I don't drink alcohol, is there a beverage package that includes the Café al Bacio menu (and the smoothies at the Spa Cafe)?

In order for smoothies to be included in a package, you will need the Premium non-alcoholic package at $22 per day plus gratuities. 

Edited by CEOofVacation

You don’t want the smoothies from the Aqua Spa Cafe.   They are awful.   The service is slow, once you are warned you need the premium package, and they are served warm.

Nt many passengers order them twice.   Never had them served warm in Blu or in Luminae.

Do you have enough loyalty points on Royal to give you elite status on Celebrity?   If so, you may qualify for free continental breakfast with drinks, complimentary lattes and cappuccinos, and basic drinks during the happy hour.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

You don’t want the smoothies from the Aqua Spa Cafe.   They are awful.   The service is slow, once you are warned you need the premium package, and they are served warm.

Nt many passengers order them twice.   Never had them served warm in Blu or in Luminae.

Do you have enough loyalty points on Royal to give you elite status on Celebrity?   If so, you may qualify for free continental breakfast with drinks, complimentary lattes and cappuccinos, and basic drinks during the happy hour.

From my experience in Blu and Luminae, the standard smoothies were at room temperature and AWFUL.  I don't like yogurt and that's what they make smoothies with.  I had the server/sommelier make fresh smoothies with low fat milk, with any ingredients of my wish.  They were wonderful!  I have not tried ordering from Aqua Spa Cafe or the drinks counter in Oceanview, but if I do, I will tell them how I want them done.