Navigator of the Seas *LIVE* 11/23/2018 - 12/2/2018

SERIOUSLY MIAMI?!?!  The escalators are busted so you have to disembark 3500 people with 1 or 2 elevators.  Its already difficult being health and lugging carryons. Its worse 

However, probably becuse we waited, ship to door was decent.  There was no line at customs.

2FFDBFE6-B721-4764-9361-90A13607B070.thumb.png.030dfc5488136d2862a103fd4edfcd00.png

Great reviews! Thank you! I think I read somewhere on these boards that RCL offers a Drink Card special on the ship. I believe its $79 for 10 drinks but its not offered until later in the cruise. Did you hear of this on the Navigator? And if so, do you know the price and what day they started offering it? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, beccabrie said:

Great reviews! Thank you! I think I read somewhere on these boards that RCL offers a Drink Card special on the ship. I believe its $79 for 10 drinks but its not offered until later in the cruise. Did you hear of this on the Navigator? And if so, do you know the price and what day they started offering it? Thanks in advance!

i did not see this offered, but i didnt look.  If i remembered correctly, they usually announce on cruise compass.

Historically, other cruises typically sells that at to 50% mark.  On our previous 9 nights, it started on day 4 or 5

48 minutes ago, wannalottadough said:

Enjoyed both of the reviews and the pictures are awesome! Do you know any people that did the self disembark? I'm wondering what time they started to line up? We need to get off as fast as possible. I'm also wondering about the 10 drink card, if it was available?

People line up as early as possible.  However, due to snafus, self disembark didnt end until after 8.  I’m not very confident with the port of Miami.  They just don’t seem organized here and are plague with equipment failures.  I mean, you saw my post earlier about the escalator outages.  If you’re embarking/disembarking essentially off the 4th floor, lack of escalators to move your passengers, many who cant do stairs easily slows things immensely.  And if you saw earlier,, there were computer and camera issues during embarkation which slogged things down badly.

3 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

People line up as early as possible.  However, due to snafus, self disembark didnt end until after 8.  I’m not very confident with the port of Miami.  They just don’t seem organized here and are plague with equipment failures.  I mean, you saw my post earlier about the escalator outages.  If you’re embarking/disembarking essentially off the 4th floor, lack of escalators to move your passengers, many who cant do stairs easily slows things immensely.  And if you saw earlier,, there were computer and camera issues during embarkation which slogged things down badly.

Oh boy, that is not encouraging. So I'm wondering how early is "as early as possible" If the ship docks at 7:00 are people in line by 6:15 or 6:30? Or is that way too early?

8 minutes ago, wannalottadough said:

Oh boy, that is not encouraging. So I'm wondering how early is "as early as possible" If the ship docks at 7:00 are people in line by 6:15 or 6:30? Or is that way too early?

If you want to be among the first off, I'd get in line about an hour before scheduled arrival.

Greetings from Jacksonville, FL.  My first leg home made it with no hiccups.  

This picture isn’t as inspiring as the cruise photos.

2AB9BF05-BB6D-452E-9499-6CDC82209430.jpeg

There’s a Shula’s here.  I’ve heard of this place.

My 2nd leg so far is on time.

Fiona, drop us a line to let us know you’ve made it all the way back.

Edited by Rogueperson

We just got off the morning too and after reading these experiences we got lucky for sure!!

We did self-assist and was downstairs and in line by 6:15.  There was already about 10 people ahead of us.  They started letting us off about 7:20 and we breezed through Customs and was in a taxi and at the Miami airport by 8:00!!!  

I agree this terminal needs some serious work!!!  They do not need to keep using it if they aren’t willing to keep it maintained!!  

So sorry some of you had a bad ending to our wonderful cruise!!

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Hey guys,

I can't tell from your comments if you were using the new Terminal A or the old Terminal? Whichever one, was it the same terminal as embarkation? I'm sailing on the Nav December 7 and an curious which. RCI is telling me Terminal A for embarkation, but I'm wondering for sure and if the Uber drivers/cabs will know...TY in advance.  

Edited by Johnamac123

30 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

Hey guys,

I can't tell from your comments if you were using the new Terminal A or the old Terminal? Whichever one, was it the same terminal as embarkation? I'm sailing on the Nav December 7 and an curious which. RCI is telling me Terminal A for embarkation, but I'm wondering for sure and if the Uber drivers/cabs will know...TY in advance.  

Where does it tell you that it's Termianl A? I can't find information on this anywhere?

We sailed from Terminal G (the old one).  We took a shuttle from the hotel and our driver asked us which ship and took us straight there.  We were also asked by the porters and people when we entered the terminal if we were sailing the Navigator.

Guess they must have some people who go to the wrong terminal.

Sorry, I need to be more clear. I asking where NOTS ending 12/2/18 embarked/disembarked. Several of the remarks in this thread indicate the old terminal. 

RCI has told me my 12/7/18 NOTS sailing is embarking from Terminal A (new). 

Hope this clears up my question. 

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We sailed from Terminal G (the old one).  We took a shuttle from the hotel and our driver asked us which ship and took us straight there.  We were also asked by the porters and people when we entered the terminal if we were sailing the Navigator.

Guess they must have some people who go to the wrong terminal.

Thanks. I hope the taxi/Uber knows which one for my sailing.... 

1 minute ago, Johnamac123 said:

Sorry, I need to be more clear. I asking where NOTS ending 12/2/18 embarked/disembarked. Several of the remarks in this thread indicate the old terminal. 

RCI has told me my 12/7/18 NOTS sailing is embarking from Terminal A (new). 

Hope this clears up my question. 

This might be useful:  https://seaport2.miamidade.gov/dailydock/Default.aspx

I have landed in Baltimore.  Thus ends our adventure with the Navigator of the seas.  I’m gonna actually relearn how to drive and go home.

I hope you’ve enjoyed the trip.  I can’t say it was 100% enjoyable.  I put it at may 65%.  Will have final thoughts soon.

I also want to thank Fiona for contributing and making this probably the first dual live thread in Cruise Critic history.

Thank you FionaMG and Rogueperson for the comprehensive review and many, many pictures.  We will be on the March 29th sailing, after the refurbishment, but I'm sure the MDR menus and the daily activities will be the same.  FYI, we sailed on Mariner of the Seas out of Miami on Nov 26th and departed from the new terminal A.  It was absolutely flawless.  It took us 15 minutes to get on the ship and about the same to get off (however we did wait to get off until 9:00AM).

29 minutes ago, lollyny1 said:

Thank you FionaMG and Rogueperson for the comprehensive review and many, many pictures.  We will be on the March 29th sailing, after the refurbishment, but I'm sure the MDR menus and the daily activities will be the same.  FYI, we sailed on Mariner of the Seas out of Miami on Nov 26th and departed from the new terminal A.  It was absolutely flawless.  It took us 15 minutes to get on the ship and about the same to get off (however we did wait to get off until 9:00AM).

The activities will

actually change depending on Cruise Director.  An adeventurous CD, you may see some different new stuff.  MDR, will fluctuate a little depending on supply.

WOO!!!  Had a great time!!!!!

Weather was pretty much perfect!

It wasn't really a party cruise though... the night club was only busy on the 2 formal nights... 

Why do people hate fun? 😅

DSC01391.JPG

Edited by GC456

11 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Fiona, drop us a line to let us know you’ve made it all the way back.

Still in transit. Our transatlantic flight was 90 minutes late but we had a four hour layover so that wasn't a problem. However we arrived into Lisbon to find it blanketed in fog resulting in many flights being cancelled, ours included. So we now have a 7-hour wait for the next one. 😢

I will post about our disembarkation and day room at the Pullman Miami after we get home.