Royal Caribbean saved me from booking with them!

kochleffel

By refusing to take an online payment. "Error in processing" with four different cards, from four different banks, representing four different brands/networks. None of the cards is past due.

That's when it responded anything at all. Sometimes it refreshed the screen with no message at all.

Is something wrong with their card processing tonight, or is someone in the back room refusing to accept the price that RC's own web site quoted?

4 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

By refusing to take an online payment. "Error in processing" with four different cards, from four different banks, representing four different brands/networks. None of the cards is past due.

That's when it responded anything at all. Sometimes it refreshed the screen with no message at all.

Is something wrong with their card processing tonight, or is someone in the back room refusing to accept the price that RC's own web site quoted?

Sounds like a typical Royal Caribbean IT issue. You should call and book direct if it's a good price. If you wait for the glitch to be fixed you can lose out on pricing.

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Try clearing cache and cookies.  If that does not work, try a different browser and/or private mode.

Clearing cache, deleting cookies, private browsing, different browser - all same no-go result. I was trying to book a studio single on the Radiance, and I think there are only three of them, so I wanted to get this done.

Tried to book by telephone. Felt pressured to book a more expensive cabin. Representative eventually quoted a price that did not apply the 60% off second person and did not think it applied to a booking for one, although the web site applies those offers and I have one like it for an existing booking.

Finally booked through a travel agency.

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

How do you get 60% off a second person when the cabin only holds ONE person.

I can only tell you that the web site applies the discount, and travel agencies quote the same final price. On the web site, the cabin, although single, is priced as double occupancy and then the discount is applied.

Edited by kochleffel

I've been trying for a couple days to make a cruise payment but it continues to error-out regardless of browser or card.  Payment for drink package worked perfectly online so it seems to be associated only with cruise fare payments.  I'll just call and make the payment next week if it isn't fixed.  You would think RCI would take some corrective action given these incessant web problems, but I guess that would make too much sense.

On 11/22/2018 at 9:33 AM, kochleffel said:

Finally booked through a travel agency.

18 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Good grief. I have a payment due in a few months for another itinerary. I wonder if it will be working then.

If you're now booked through a travel agency it doesn't matter if the making a payment feature is working or not on the Royal Caribbean website. Payment will be made by your travel agent.

28 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

If you're now booked through a travel agency it doesn't matter if the making a payment feature is working or not on the Royal Caribbean website. Payment will be made by your travel agent.

No, that booking was direct with RCI.