REWARD OFFERED !

balcap

That’s great news! As an FYI, though, it probably was found after your cruise, not 4 cruises later. But the process involved means that it had to be mailed back to their Miami offices. Then it takes awhile for the people there to sort through everything and then try to match things up with the owners. 

• Like 1

I take mountains of pictures. For my vacations I use small memory cards. 4 or 8 GB, then change them often. The cards are stored in a safe case. My camera also chats with my phone. The phone sends GPS location to the camera, and the camera sends the pictures to the phone. At the end of the day my phone has a second copy of my photos, and my safe case has the memory card. If I lose a camera, I only lose that day's pictures. 

• Like 1

I'm glad you recovered your camera, and to just throw this out there, it shows a lot about your character also that the first words out of your keyboard were not "somebody stole my camera!" as we have all seen on these boards. Thanks for the update and showing the good side of people on both sides of the "it went missing" isle.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 5:47 AM, Moviela said:

I take mountains of pictures. For my vacations I use small memory cards. 4 or 8 GB, then change them often. The cards are stored in a safe case. My camera also chats with my phone. The phone sends GPS location to the camera, and the camera sends the pictures to the phone. At the end of the day my phone has a second copy of my photos, and my safe case has the memory card. If I lose a camera, I only lose that day's pictures. 

I actually purchase the internet on the ship specifically so that I can upload my pictures to my social media account daily. My parents like to live vicariously through my pictures (they don’t travel) so they enjoy seeing them, and this way, if I lose my phone, camera or laptop during my travels home, my pictures are not lost. Physical processions can be replaced. The memories you get from pictures cannot. 

You would think from reading these boards that Carnival passengers and employees are bunch of lousy people. I feel very confident that the vast majority of their employees would legitimately make the best efforts in each case. This is great proof of that. I'm glad you found them.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:47 AM, Moviela said:

Wow, this sounds like the kind of camera my husband is looking for.  He is an avid photographer.  Would you mind telling me the model of that camera?  Thanks!

On 1/8/2019 at 12:52 PM, LuckyStar said:

Wow, this sounds like the kind of camera my husband is looking for.  He is an avid photographer.  Would you mind telling me the model of that camera?  Thanks!

The camera I use is a Nikon D7500 and the software is called Nikon Snapbridge. I use a Samsung phone.

There are several cameras that cost less than the D7500 from Nikon that also use Snapbridge.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:39 AM, balcap said:

I lose my camera 2 hours before debarking ship

Micro SC cards are so inexpensive now days, I take a new one for every day of our trip and put a new one in each morning.   If you lose your camera, you don't lose all your pictures.   

I'm so glad you got your camera back. Several years ago, DS lost his camera after leaving it in a theater show at Disney World. We were so sad. It had pictures of him with several characters and at 8 (very shy and reserved) it was the first time he had been willing to be photographed with them. It was a silly little $40 camera, but the loss of those pictures still hurts my heart. It was never turned in.