Chef's Table Menus

Marykatesmom

The beef was not hot/spicy much at all.  Was quite tender and tasty and did not "zap" the mouth.  You'll enjoy it then!  The Apple Tarte dessert was to die for!   Be aware though, that the waiters did tell us they make minor modifications from time to time, so hoping you get the dessert we had!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SrCruizer said:

The beef was not hot/spicy much at all.  Was quite tender and tasty and did not "zap" the mouth.  You'll enjoy it then!  The Apple Tarte dessert was to die for!   Be aware though, that the waiters did tell us they make minor modifications from time to time, so hoping you get the dessert we had!

Thanks!  Maybe we will try that one as well!  We did the Sweet and Salty on our last visit there and we enjoyed the whole experience. There is another Xiang that has caught our interest. We get 2 advance reservations with our Cabin category, so perhaps we will try this as well. The Mexico one seems interesting also, but one of the courses is octopus (at least I think that’s what pulpo is). I don’t particularly care for it and I know my husband won’t even try it 😁

4 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

The Mexico one seems interesting also, but one of the courses is octopus (at least I think that’s what pulpo is).

Yup, octopus but just ask them to substitute the shrimp cocktail that is always on the menu or some such.

35 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Interesting photos, but what happened to the rest of the steak??

Ask for seconds, if you are still hungry--or when you sit down, tell them you want a double portion of the main course.

• Like 1

I enjoy reading threads about food but it is such a subjective subject that I urge people to wait and form their own opinions.  We like all of the dining on VO but think that Manfredi's is WAY overrated ... I was excited to see that they apparently have updated the menu quite a bit (at least on Jupiter which is our next cruise venue ... we leave day after tomorrow!!!).  The food in the World Cafe is good but I find that it can be trying at times navigating the buffet when it is crowded.   We enjoy the Chef's Table and are looking forward to the "new" Mexican menu and Xiang which is one we have yet to experience.  My absolute favorite venue is Mamsens which is almost always quiet and the servers seem to almost always be up for a chat.  The food is fresh and delicious and has a "comfort food" feel to it that we always enjoy.  I married a Norwegian so perhaps the familiarity helps but love to grab a relaxing late lunch up there... and of course the pea soup is a lot like Grandma's!

49 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Interesting photos, but what happened to the rest of the steak??😀

We could have asked for more, but believe me, the meal was absolutely filling.  It is amazing that when you take time to eat, stretching it out with good wine and conversation, you actually feel full!

We had heard that people who disliked Chef's Table complained that it was really only a half a meal and they were used to the big meal deal - to which I would say, why not try out CT and then to fill your belly - just go back up to World Cafe and eat all you want to top it off 🙂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

We had heard that people who disliked Chef's Table complained that it was really only a half a meal and they were used to the big meal deal - to which I would say, why not try out CT and then to fill your belly - just go back up to World Cafe and eat all you want to top it off

AGREED!!! Or start with the sushi bar in WC for appetizers and then go to the CT.😉

• Like 2

Our Chef's Table meal was one of the highlights of our cruise in April.  We had the Xiang menu and enjoyed every bite.  We also had the upgraded wine pairing and each wine was perfect with each course.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

AGREED!!! Or start with the sushi bar in WC for appetizers and then go to the CT.😉

Peregrina - too funny!

On one of our cruises, we actually did this, as we loved  the sushi.   We had a 7 PM CT reservation and went to the World Cafe ahead of time and had some wine, shrimp, and sushi for appetizers - that was when I did not know that much about the CT meals.  I wound up quite full that night - but happy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Peregrina - too funny!

On one of our cruises, we actually did this, as we loved  the sushi.   We had a 7 PM CT reservation and went to the World Cafe ahead of time and had some wine, shrimp, and sushi for appetizers - that was when I did not know that much about the CT meals.  I wound up quite full that night - but happy!!

See! I told you it was a good idea!