Air Conditioning

juliet

I  take  a pashmina  or a cardigan   just in case

You never know  in the public areas if it will too cold  or not

After a day in the hot sun I do tend to feel chilly even if it could be 75F  outside

I always take a sports jacket to wear in the Specialties and La Reserve. On several occasions I was glad I had one due room temperature in the restaurant. As Lyn posted , my wife always takes a light sweater just in case.

Fortunately men aren’t allowed flip flops and certain sandals, but my wife has complained of freezing toes several times. 

A box box of chocolates!

4 hours ago, juliet said:

Will be on Oceania (Riviera) for the first time, in two weeks.  Was wondering how cold do the restaurants get.   The staterooms?  I assume it's never freezing in any of the venues.

It's always "best" to be prepared for public areas that are too warm OR too cool.

These areas are for "the public", and the powers that be may judge that to be some temperature other than *your* personal preference/comfort level.  Plus, the settings may not be particularly precise, or doors kept open, etc.

GC

7 hours ago, juliet said:

Will be on Oceania (Riviera) for the first time, in two weeks.  Was wondering how cold do the restaurants get.   The staterooms?  I assume it's never freezing in any of the venues.

The dining rooms and staterooms can get cold.   Dress in layers.  So that way you’ll be prepared.

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I've seen for years comments from women that the dining rooms were cold, but I've never felt that way.

That doesn't mean that I would advise anyone NOT to bring a shawl or sweater "just in case"!  Maybe I just have a higher temperature ... When I'm in a venue where other women are saying it's cold, I usually think it isn't ...

That may just be me.

As others have said, bring something along in case you feel it's too cool.

Mura

• 8 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 1:37 PM, msn123 said:

You can control the temperature in your stateroom.

And I thank the she-gawds for that.  At home in winter we turn our heat down to 60 and night and up to 65 when we get up in the AM, just as an example 🙂

On 11/23/2018 at 7:37 PM, Mura said:

I've seen for years comments from women that the dining rooms were cold, but I've never felt that way.

That doesn't mean that I would advise anyone NOT to bring a shawl or sweater "just in case"!  Maybe I just have a higher temperature ... When I'm in a venue where other women are saying it's cold, I usually think it isn't ...

That may just be me.

As others have said, bring something along in case you feel it's too cool.

Mura

Well, then I'm glad it's me too.