Rotterdam Self Service Laundry

Oak Hill Cruisers

While we were on the ms Amsterdam for the 2018 WC, we really like the two self service laundries. It's our understanding that the recent refurbishments of the ms Rotterdam and her sister ships (addition of lanai cabins) took out the self service laundries.

Any recent ms Rotterdam sailors notice if the self service laundries were gone?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

While we were on the ms Amsterdam for the 2018 WC, we really like the two self service laundries. It's our understanding that the recent refurbishments of the ms Rotterdam and her sister ships (addition of lanai cabins) took out the self service laundries.

Any recent ms Rotterdam sailors notice if the self service laundries were gone?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, removed during the last drydock.

6 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

They are gone -- but you still have the choice of laundry by the bag or the unlimited laundry.

On the Zaandam, the laundry room on Lower Promenade (I think?) was converted to two crew staterooms.

My Old post from last summer. ( I know it should be a link) Just off Zaandam and the Lower Promenade laundry room has been converted to staff rooms LP01 and LP02. Cannot speak for any other decks.

Edited by Cruise4food
extra info about the room numbers.

Hello all! I am so glad I saw this post before boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam last Sunday. I did not realize that unlimited laundry (cost was $49) was an option. We did this and it was the best, having clean, folded laundry delivered every afternoon. It is listed on a document in the cabin, but it is not heavily promoted. I don't know that I would have known about it without seeing this post. 

1 hour ago, GreenSmoothieCruiser said:

Hello all! I am so glad I saw this post before boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam last Sunday. I did not realize that unlimited laundry (cost was $49) was an option. We did this and it was the best, having clean, folded laundry delivered every afternoon. It is listed on a document in the cabin, but it is not heavily promoted. I don't know that I would have known about it without seeing this post. 

Officially they commit to have the laundry returned next day, unless you check same day service on the form. But in my experience, for a pickup in the morning, clothes always returned the same day. The one point to watch is that they do not accept laundry pickup on the last full day on-board the ship.

We will be going on the "OLD" Amsterdam and wonder if they still have the self serve laundry, I think it was refurbed in 4/18 and wonder if it still have it or gone the way of other ships, any one been on after that?

Also is the $49 unlimited for a 7 day cruise we are looking at 14 day.

10 hours ago, lb0103 said:

We will be going on the "OLD" Amsterdam and wonder if they still have the self serve laundry, I think it was refurbed in 4/18 and wonder if it still have it or gone the way of other ships, any one been on after that?

Also is the $49 unlimited for a 7 day cruise we are looking at 14 day.

The $49 unlimited is for a 7 day cruise.  It's normally $7 per day unless the ship is in Europe or certain other foreign ports.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:53 PM, Cruise4food said:

Officially they commit to have the laundry returned next day, unless you check same day service on the form. But in my experience, for a pickup in the morning, clothes always returned the same day. The one point to watch is that they do not accept laundry pickup on the last full day on-board the ship.

Yes, it was a nice surprise to have the same day service. We were able to give laundry on Saturday morning (last full day on the ship) by 9:00 and it was completed and back in our room later that day.