Port Everglades Carnival Debarkation

fozzy

It's been a while since I've gone out of Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know if the port has expedited debarkation like in Miami? Or should I still expect it to take a hour or two to clear customs??

Thanks

OP: by "expedited debarkation," do you mean Global Entry?  If so, Global Entry (via signs and a separate line, not machines as in airports) is in use at Port Everglades.  We disembarked there from a Celebrity transatlantic a little over a week ago, and after picking up our checked bags it took seconds to get through customs/immigration.    (We were  in one of the early groups off the ship, so I can't say if anything changed later, but there was definitely a dedicated line for Global Entry.  All that the agent did was glance at our passports, and we were good to go.) 

Edited by Turtles06

We've never stood in line long at Port Everglades, even before Global Entry.  But with the Global Entry, it's literally minutes. We walked up to the agent, showed our passports, she asked our kids if we were their parents, and off we went. I imagine you won't have any problems.