Carnival Dream - LIVE- Dec 2-9 NOLA to Western Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

Woke up at 8 this morning. Probably would’ve slept till 9 but one of my neighbors decided it was time for me to get up. Loud banging. I don’t know if they’re slamming doors or lifting free weights or what. I just can’t imagine making that much noise unless I slip and fall in the shower.

That SPF 70 did the trick yesterday. It seems I may have missed the tip of my nose though. I guess if there is a time of year to have a red nose, this is it. I was definitely feeling that temple climb in my legs when I got up this morning.

I’m trying the pumpkin spice latte. Not bad..but not great. I’ll try the peppermint mocha tomorrow.

i don’t have any big plans today. I’ve been to Cozumel a lot. I’m probably going to head ashore in a half hour and see what I can get into.

17 hours ago, AKfamily said:

Was the ruins tour worth taking up the whole day? Were the guides onsite able to answer questions (think curious history hound 10-year-old boy type questions 😂)? And, could you take your beer with you back on the bus for the return trip?

We took this tour with our then 10 or 11 year old son and he loved it. He has since said it is one of his two favorite tours ever, along with whale watching in Alaska. Our tour was not through Carnival because they did not offer it at that time.  In addition to the ruins we saw spider monkeys, bats, howler monkeys, and lots of other birds and incredible plants. It was a long drive and our sons slept a lot of the drive itself. 

Edited by lennythenose

2 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

We took this tour with our then 10 or 11 year old son and he loved it. He has since said it is one of his two favorite tours ever, along with whale watching in Alaska. 

Thanks! He and my husband put visiting the ruins at the top of the must-do list, and I debated between all the options for awhile before deciding on this one.

We live in Alaska. 🙂

Oh I got a good one. The crew had an abandon ship drill this morning. On my way to get off the ship...in the elevator lobby a couple of blue cards come up and say “sir, can you tell us where we need to go with this muster thing?” I break the news that it’s just a drill for the crew and that they typically do them when most of the guests are ashore. Blue card was like “THEY WOKE US UP!”

• Haha 2

I took it easy today. I just took a cab downtown—walked around and had a few Dos Equis. I saw a guy steal a hat from a street vendor. Someone stopped him around the corner and the vendor caught up with him and punched him in the face.

Then I took a cab back to the pier and had some nachos at panchos backyard.

0746C955-74D4-4E23-81CA-843347EF144E.jpeg

When I was pulling out my card and passport I remembered I wanted to try to get my passport stamped. I asked a couple of stores before someone knew where to go. In case anyone wants one. When you you get off of that ship and walk through that store. Just keep walking straight past that fountain I posted. There’s a staircase on the right. Go up that staircase, take a right and ring the bell.

83B571A4-7BF1-45B1-AC45-A9E4D124956D.jpeg

6E2FB5B0-5E67-4CE3-8BE2-B5CF82AC034F.jpeg

E3CAC4E0-C0B0-4836-93BA-669995E5745D.jpeg