Carnival Dream - LIVE- Dec 2-9 NOLA to Western Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

The next ruin we saw was the ball court. The game they played was similar to ping pong but they hit the ball off of  their arm, shoulder, or waist and try to get it in a hoop that was just barely bigger than the ball. A member of the winning team would have to blood let to offer up blood to the gods. If it was a guy he would cut his tongue or...member....If it were a female she would have to cut her tongue or...one of the twins.

250494BE-E1EE-4801-88E7-48A0FA4C635A.jpeg

4EFBD31E-6489-4F3B-BC98-992C26D3BAB7.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

We arrived back at the restaurant at 2:20. And had 30mins for lunch. Lunch consisted of rice and beans, stewed chicken, potato salad made with sour cream, plantains...grilled I think...and I believe the drink they gave us was tang. I tried a little taste of each but I didn’t chow down like other people did. I don’t know anything about the health code in Belize.

5396EC45-BDDD-4396-A9C4-325DCDCBF361.jpeg

Our bus arrived at 2:45. I was able to get my row back—yellow beard in tow. Mr. Peanut and wife sat closer to the front of the bus. Nobody was in front of me this time. The bus departed at 2:50.

One of the guides was handing out Christmas cards from her family. I didn’t want one so I pretended to be asleep when she was handing them out...worked good. They didn’t talk the rest of the trip back in case anyone wanted to sleep.

We arrived back at the port at 4:05 and the last tender/water taxi is at 4:15. I probably should’ve grabbed a spot at the front of the bus. There was a slowdown getting off. Maybe someone up front who had knee replacement surgery. 

Since I got my passport stamped in Honduras I decided I was going to make that my thing this trip..get my passport stamped at each stop. The tour guide told us the passport stamps were at the immigration office which is right where the bus parks. I ran over there with a couple other stamp seekers but the office was closed. The lady went home for the day. If anyone else does this tour and wants one I would suggest trying to get it during the time they give you to use the bathroom before the tour starts.

I got off the tender at 5pm. I went up two flights of steps...and started feeling that temple climb. I didn’t want to I knew every elevator coming up was going to be full so I walked to the FWD elevators, took them up to 9, then walked back  to my room. Made it there in 5 mins. After showering and throwing the formal day monkey suit on I raced down to alchemy to see if i could get a drink in.

Suri hadn’t made me a drink yet so I let him go wild. This is an orange drink and it was good.

1796CD89-A4C7-44E1-B5C0-D3462DDA3F01.jpeg

Was the ruins tour worth taking up the whole day? Were the guides onsite able to answer questions (think curious history hound 10-year-old boy type questions 😂)? And, could you take your beer with you back on the bus for the return trip?