RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Do you mind if I ask what was your bid on th JS? I'm on Allure at the end February and trying to decide what is "competitive".

I bid the min +$50. Have you checked lately? I know that there was a "sale" on ours, which prompted me to bid on the GS.

2 minutes ago, Cruises are us said:

I'm curious to know how you all "checked" your bids.  I just looked in my cruise planner and saw the change in the room.  I don't know how else to check.  

2 ways-

Google Royal Up and it will take you to the site where you can put in your last name and Res #, for some reason when I go that route I have to enter that info twice.

OR

If you have the confirmation email, there will be a link in that to click.

6 minutes ago, tbo said:

I bid the min +$50. Have you checked lately? I know that there was a "sale" on ours, which prompted me to bid on the GS.

Yep. I see a 50% off min bid "sale" going on. I was +$15 over the min, I pushed it up to +$50.00 over min. I also placed a bid on the GS and the OS as well. I did do +$150.00 over min on the GS

Edited by binro01

2 minutes ago, tbo said:

2 ways-

Google Royal Up and it will take you to the site where you can put in your last name and Res #, for some reason when I go that route I have to enter that info twice.

OR

If you have the confirmation email, there will be a link in that to click.

Thanks.  I didn't think of that!

Sigh, my confusion grows about the Royal Up program for the 30 January Liberty sailing. I checked my bids today and the Grand Suite, 1 bedroom was expired. The Grande Suite, 2 bedroom was still pending. I checked reservation inventory and it shows only 1 GS 2BR available and 5 GS 1BR available.  RCI figures they can sell the remaining 5 GS 1BR and so they ended my bid? Do they figure they won't sell the 1 remaining GD 2BR, so they leave the bid pending?  Not a lot of rhyme or reason apparent to me. I've read some of the explanations given here from more knowledgeable cruisers and I do appreciate that. I'll just have to wait and see what the next 10 days brings, I guess.

14 minutes ago, gemcat said:

Sigh, my confusion grows about the Royal Up program for the 30 January Liberty sailing. I checked my bids today and the Grand Suite, 1 bedroom was expired. The Grande Suite, 2 bedroom was still pending. I checked reservation inventory and it shows only 1 GS 2BR available and 5 GS 1BR available.  RCI figures they can sell the remaining 5 GS 1BR and so they ended my bid? Do they figure they won't sell the 1 remaining GD 2BR, so they leave the bid pending?  Not a lot of rhyme or reason apparent to me. I've read some of the explanations given here from more knowledgeable cruisers and I do appreciate that. I'll just have to wait and see what the next 10 days brings, I guess.

Gemcat, check and see if you are still able to modify that GS2br bid or if it is now locked.  If it is locked, that seems to be a sign they are considering taking that bid (not a sure thing, mind you) and so they won’t let it slip away.  Watch closely; there is a decent chance you will soon get an upgrade.  

It happened that way to me last month.  One bid was pending (but could not be modified) and all the others expired.  A day or two later I was notified of my upgrade.  If perchance at some point that last bid is marked expired rather than upgraded, you can resubmit bids if time allows.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I got an upgrade.  The reason was I was the first person on line at guest services.  I made a dash to guest services as soon as I boarded.  Fortunately, I was the first person on line.  I told them I wanted an upgrade and was immediately told if somebody didn't show up I would be able to get the suite.  I was told not to unpack yet!  

Other people on the line were also trying to upgrade.  I was the first person on line and got after the sailaway was issued the suite. The additional amount I paid was a bargain!    Not sure if others were as successful.

The ships staff moved my luggage!  don't wait to ask!!  Good luck.

What did you upgrade from? How much did the upgrade cost you? 

I have checked the Royal Up site and we are eligible to bid on several upgrade cabins for our March 7th sailing.....my question is, should I bid now or do you think the chances of my bid being accepted will be greater if I wait closer to our sail date?

I apologize if this question has been ask in the past 261 pages.      

Starry Eyes, Thank you for that bit of advice. The expired GS 1 BR won't let me do anything; rebid, cancel, nothing. The current pending GS 2 BR also has no options to change it, not even cancel it. I'm taking this as a positive sign and hopefully RCI won't sell that suite. I'll let everyone know once I hear definitively, one way or the other.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gemcat said:

Starry Eyes, Thank you for that bit of advice. The expired GS 1 BR won't let me do anything; rebid, cancel, nothing. The current pending GS 2 BR also has no options to change it, not even cancel it. I'm taking this as a positive sign and hopefully RCI won't sell that suite. I'll let everyone know once I hear definitively, one way or the other.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.   Stay positive.

People on my role call on the book of faces started receiving their notices today that they had won their royal up bid. We are still 25 days from sailing. I have never heard of anyone finding out this early. My bid is still locked but I haven't gotten anything yet and my card has not been charged. As of this afternoon their were still 8 grand suites available for my sailing.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nessachelle said:

People on my role call on the book of faces started receiving their notices today that they had won their royal up bid. We are still 25 days from sailing. I have never heard of anyone finding out this early. My bid is still locked but I haven't gotten anything yet and my card has not been charged. As of this afternoon their were still 8 grand suites available for my sailing.

I sail on Sunday and my two bids are still pending. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nessachelle said:

On our 1/29 Odyssey they assigned the GS and higher suites last. not sure if that will be the same for you. They did the JS, ov balcony, ov in that order according to post from our group. 

6 hours ago, CanobieFan said:

I set sail on Saturday and I received noticed last night that my $30 bid was accepted and I got my upgrade haha, first time they've ever accepted my bid.

May I ask which category stateroom you bid on? Was it $30 per person? I put in a number of bids that were close to minimum for my cruise at the end of February. Trying to be optimistic 

11 hours ago, jonj said:

On our 1/29 Odyssey they assigned the GS and higher suites last. not sure if that will be the same for you. They did the JS, ov balcony, ov in that order according to post from our group. 

Received my notice this morning that my bid was accepted.  We went from a 4D ocean view balcony on deck 8 to a grand suite on deck 9 on Oasis. Total cost is less than half of what it would have cost me to book a grand suite on my own.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

May I ask which category stateroom you bid on? Was it $30 per person? I put in a number of bids that were close to minimum for my cruise at the end of February. Trying to be optimistic 

I am in no way an expert on the bid options but from what I have noticed is that lower bids are accepted if they do not get a lot of higher bids for the same category. So its a gamble. If you are just bidding but happy with where you are then bidding low is great. If you really, really want something I would try bidding higher but of course all personal preferences. 

20 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I got an upgrade.  The reason was I was the first person on line at guest services.  I made a dash to guest services as soon as I boarded.  Fortunately, I was the first person on line.  I told them I wanted an upgrade and was immediately told if somebody didn't show up I would be able to get the suite.  I was told not to unpack yet!  

Other people on the line were also trying to upgrade.  I was the first person on line and got after the sailaway was issued the suite. The additional amount I paid was a bargain!    Not sure if others were as successful.

The ships staff moved my luggage!  don't wait to ask!!  Good luck.

They will have no choice but get their act together. Now that the cats out of the bag that upgrades are being honored on board every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to bombard guest services as soon as they step foot on the ship. They will be lined up like concert goers waiting for tickets to be released. Signs will eventually have to be posted “no upgrades at this time” to relieve the logjam as the line heads down the promenade. 
First place I’m heading when I board, just to check out all squirrels foraging for nuts.

you know what? I don’t blame them a bit it’s their own monster they are creating and if upgrades are to be had because Royalup is not doing their job let the “running of the bulls” proceed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if my sailing will see more suites open up as it gets closer?  Right now it is down to only 13 junior suites, 2 of the grand suite, Sky loft, grand loft both all gone.  We put a bid on the grand suite with the smaller balcony, but doubtful we would get anything from that with it showing just one left at this time.  

Its just interesting seeing many with such a large number of suites available.  Since we are just barely under 2 months, I wonder if they will see some people choosing to cancel before the final payment is due?  

19 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I wonder if my sailing will see more suites open up as it gets closer?  Right now it is down to only 13 junior suites, 2 of the grand suite, Sky loft, grand loft both all gone.  We put a bid on the grand suite with the smaller balcony, but doubtful we would get anything from that with it showing just one left at this time.  

Its just interesting seeing many with such a large number of suites available.  Since we are just barely under 2 months, I wonder if they will see some people choosing to cancel before the final payment is due?  

Highly possible.  For the last couple of months for our cruise there were very few suites showing. After final payment many came available. We are just over 3 weeks out now and before they started giving out royal up wins yesterday there were 10 grand suites showing available, 6 owners suites, 9 CL suites and enough junior suites that I didn't even bother counting.

Edited by nessachelle
Clarification

14 hours ago, tbo said:

We won our bid for a JS, next hurdle is the covid test a week from today, and fingers crossed we get to sail away on 1/29!

Congrats!!  And I think you are on Odyssey as well?  If so..."sea" you on board!  🙂  

Though I will probably still be "pending" when we do.  😣

41 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

They will have no choice but get their act together. Now that the cats out of the bag that upgrades are being honored on board every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to bombard guest services as soon as they step foot on the ship. They will be lined up like concert goers waiting for tickets to be released. Signs will eventually have to be posted “no upgrades at this time” to relieve the logjam as the line heads down the promenade. 
First place I’m heading when I board, just to check out all squirrels foraging for nuts.

you know what? I don’t blame them a bit it’s their own monster they are creating and if upgrades are to be had because Royalup is not doing their job let the “running of the bulls” proceed.

Totally agree.  Well said.

Though the line to sign up as soon as you board, really does not do anything for the early birds.  I was told you are not put on a priority "first come first serve".   They just add you to a list in no real order.  

It's only after sail away that they finally have a real count on total passengers and cabins occupied.  It is that time that I went to GS desk and was actually awarded.  I tried to ask before sail away, but was told to come back afterwards.  Both times there was no line.....dinner time or sail away party time for most I assume. 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  Well said.

Though the line to sign up as soon as you board, really does not do anything for the early birds.  I was told you are not put on a priority "first come first serve".   They just add you to a list in no real order.  

It's only after sail away that they finally have a real count on total passengers and cabins occupied.  It is that time that I went to GS desk and was actually awarded.  I tried to ask before sail away, but was told to come back afterwards.  Both times there was no line.....dinner time or sail away party time for most I assume. 

I forgot if I had asked you but could you have asked for a CL? And did they tell you what the cost would be before they let you know if they had anything or not until after sailing?

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1