Miami Cruise Port - transfers to airport.

djo53

We are sailing on Celebrity Equinox out of Miami next Jan/Feb. We are in two minds whether, on disembarkation, we should pre book our taxi transfers to Miami airport or simply pick up a cab from the rank at the cruise port. We are inclined to the latter as we have no time constraints (flight home is at 18.00) and to pre book would cost about $86, which seems expensive. Can anyone please offer advice? Particularly; are cabs for hire plentiful at the cruise port?; approximately how much should I expect to pay (for two adults plus luggage)?;

are there any cab types/companies I should avoid? All and any advice welcome.

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

what shuttle did you use ??

I honestly do not know.   I had a scooter and therefore needed transportation that would accommodate it and our luggage.  There were a whole bunch of large Mercedes shuttles (black)  lined up with all the cabs.  My husband asked how much to go to the airport and he said $10pp.   It was an eight seater and we just had to wait about 10 minutes for 6 more people to hop on.

• Thanks 1

A taxi or Uber will cost you about $30 (including tip) for the entire cab.  Not sure why anyone would want to book a private transfer for $86...which is akin to highway robbery unless you are being transferred in a Roll Royce Silver Shadow :).

Hank

55 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

You will see their reps holding up sign right outside the terminal. Just approach them and ask. No reservation needed.

Thanks  cannot say I noticed of course  I was not looking for  them either

I usually  prebook a car service  & share with others on the ship . no line up for the taxis  & the cost is about the same

Next time will look for  the shuttle  guys