30% off pre-cruise purchases...incl beverage package upgrade!

bebe08

1 hour ago, CanadianTourist said:

I checked my Cruise Planner and it seems that the only thing discounted is the Shore Excursions.  Is this normal?  

4 minutes ago, PRH said:

When I went into shore excursions, the “discounted “ price flag said the fare reflected the discount.  Same exact price I paid to begin with.  When is a sale NOT a sale?  

Call Celebrity!!!

You have nothing to lose but a few minutes of your time.

Nothing showed in my cruise planner and I got 20%, 30% and 50% off drink package upgrades for 4 cruises we have booked (AND I had already upgraded so the really nice phone rep cancelled and rebooked all 4 of them without me even asking).

Figured the sale was only for sailings on/after 1/1/19 - those that have the new bev package pricing, but not so.

We're sailing next month. We already upgraded our bev pkg during a sale in July (paid $13.25/ pp per day verses $16.50 full price).

Checked our planner yesterday hoping for a further discount per this thread. We did have a sale banner showing for bev/wifi packages. Wifi prices were discounted but the prices for all bev packages and upgrades were unchanged, no discount appeared.

Today though all bev packages and upgrades were discounted. We called and were able to (as many report above) take advantage of the discount. The X rep credited us original bev package upgrade price and rebooked at the lower rate. Only saved about $20/pp ttl (new price was $11.50 pp per day price) but we'll take it!

Happy Sailing Everyone!

Thanks everyone.  As our cruise is not until May I hadn't been in Cruise Planner or seen the email. To upgrade our Classic perk package was not possible online but a phone call to Celebrity - I was not rerouted to US - quickly sorted it out and it costs @ £6.44 per day (I presume this includes gratuities).  Not only is that good value but it saves hours of shall we/shan't we dithering and I can look forward to trying drinks I would never dream of buying in UK.

Just got 20% off upgrading from classic to premium drinks package , then used the on board credit i received for changing ship as our original cruise was cancelled - total additional cost £6! In addition to this got 30% off 3 excursions we were going to book anyway, result! 

Just used this deal to book our first Celebrity cruise.    We are Royal Caribbean regulars but we couldn't pass this up.   Our group sails regularly every Feb.

Celebrity Summit    Feb 15, 2020   Sailing to the ABCs.

--Aqua Class...4 perks ($150pp OBC, Unlimited internet for 2, prepaid tips, and Premium Drink Pkg.) All for $3458 TOTAL for 2.

Cheaper to sail Celebrity than RCL with this deal.    We know Summit is older and smaller, but after three seasons on the mega ships (which we love), we thought we'd mix it up.  Plus Summit is going in for a refurb in March 2019.

Looking forward to learning much about Celebrity and Summit from you all.   Calling Captain's Club today to transfer RCL C&A status.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, johno1234 said:

Hi all, please bear with me on this:

Our 4/1/19 11 day Reflection cruise includes classic bev package perk but it's not listed on the cruise planner. If I add it to the cart online it's priced at $1,225.32 for two pax, and if I add the premium it's $1,433 for two. So... does that mean if I get them to add the perk into the planner and upgrade it I'll only pay the difference of $208 for the two of us? Can I use the OBC for that? Is this actually a discount?

All a bit confusing to me - thanks for any clarification.

We are on this sailing and like you the classic was included. We upgraded by ringing the Captains Club and for approx. £6.50 per person per night we now have the premium package. I was told the offer ends on Monday

We saved nearly $100 on the classic to premium upgrade for our Feb 12 night cruise.  I had upgraded before the price increase last spring, and called and we refunded the old purchase and we repurchased it at the lower price.  Yay!

then, I had her check my 7 night Dec 2019 on EQ.  It was about $10 per person less.  We had upgraded that one back in March as well.  I had previously had to call and have the perk added to the cruise, since it was in the booking but not actually added to the cruise.  Then I had bought the upgrade.  The agent asked if I wanted it refunded or if I’d be OK with OBC.  I replied that OBC was just fine, so she added $25 in OBC to my account.  That made it super simple.

I also got internet at less than what it cost for my Elite discount.  Score!  Wish I didn’t need it, but business means I must check in a couple of times a day.  

3 hours ago, Dawg74 said:

it seems like the prices everyone is paying to up grade are all over the map.  I paid $ 15.15 per day (181) Canadian to upgrade on my 12 night Silhouette cruise.  

I think it depends on the length of the cruise.  I upgraded for our January 14 nighter and paid $151 Canadian.  Worked out to about $10.75 per night.  Considering that's worth about $7.50US it won't take me long to get my $$$ worth if my wine of choice is $3 or so above the Classic limit!  Def a good deal!

That's a great deal Barwick Cruiser!  I thought 12 + night cruises all had the same deal but not sure.  I think I will call tomorrow, if anyone else is finding it inconsistent stay tuned I will report back. 😊

Edited by Dawg74

I have just phoned Celebrity UK direct and have upgraded my classic package to the premium for £6+ a day...... so am pretty impressed by that..... trying to decide whether to use my $200 on board credit to pay for it was the question but I decided in my Brexit issue gloom that the £ is going to suffer a good deal for a long time so I think I would rather keep the $$$s!!! 

16 hours ago, Dawg74 said:

That's a great deal Barwick Cruiser!  I thought 12 + night cruises all had the same deal but not sure.  I think I will call tomorrow, if anyone else is finding it inconsistent stay tuned I will report back. 😊

I'm very interested to hear what they say too.  I'd have thought that a 12 and a 14 night cruise would be treated similarly.  Shouldn't depend on who you get on the phone but this is Celebrity lol!!  Good luck!!

Cathy

39 minutes ago, Dawg67 said:

We are booked on a cruise out of Dubai April 2020.  Celebrity will not let me purchase beverage package or excursions.  Anyone else have this problem?

yes we have a Japan April 2020 cruise booked.  Although the sale banner is there in my cruise planner, the only thing I have access to book at this point is a beverage package. We already have the classic pkg and are not interested in upgrading for this cruise since it is port intensive.   No dining, shore excursions, etc available to book yet.  I have lots of OBC so hopefully there will be another sale closer to the sailing.

Just called Celebrity UK to upgrade my husbands package since he likes Martinis and spirits. Like others here, it worked out ~£6.40 per day and used our OBC to pay for it 👍

Now need to look at the excursions to see which ones we could also book using the OBC. 

thanks so much for highlighting this. We've just booked an excursions that we previously thought was expensive and was considering doing it on our own however with the discount of its made it cheaper. So thank you, as i never knew about this until reading this thread. 

5 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I'm very interested to hear what they say too.  I'd have thought that a 12 and a 14 night cruise would be treated similarly.  Shouldn't depend on who you get on the phone but this is Celebrity lol!!  Good luck!!

Cathy

Well, I called the Captains Club, it was my first time calling them, they were not able to answer my question.  Our drink upgrade cost is based on $ 14.00 US per day where as many others are based on      $ 10 US per day.  We are booked in Canadian funds so there is a conversion but our 30 % off is based on $ 4 per day more.... she could not explain it and she couldn't change it either... it's frustrating, over all it's not that much money but still is annoying.  Anyways I said I would report back...

18 hours ago, Dawg74 said:

Well, I called the Captains Club, it was my first time calling them, they were not able to answer my question.  Our drink upgrade cost is based on $ 14.00 US per day where as many others are based on      $ 10 US per day.  We are booked in Canadian funds so there is a conversion but our 30 % off is based on $ 4 per day more.... she could not explain it and she couldn't change it either... it's frustrating, over all it's not that much money but still is annoying.  Anyways I said I would report back...

Thanks, Dawg, and I'm sorry you're getting the runaround on this.  We also paid in Cdn$ and I didn't see an option to upgrade on the cruise planner but when I called the Captains Club the price she gave me was the lesser one....I even confirmed it included the 18% service charge so as not to be surprised with a higher final charge to my credit card.   Very frustrating isn't it when two people get charged differently for basically the same thing.  And yes, I agree that it's not really the difference in cost but the principal that's the most annoying.

Cathy