What are the “extras” on Carnival?

gemduncan

I’ve only sailed on Disney cruise. What are the extra fees on Carnival? 

Is soda, lemonade, water included?

is unlimited ice cream included?

How much is alcohol? We probably only drink 1-2 drinks a day on vacation (2 people)

Are there any “included” spa features? 

Can we order multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts? Or can we only order 1 item per person?

Soda, lemonade, tea free. Breakfast has a few juices and milk/choc milk free. Coffee/tea free. 

As many apps, entrees, desserts as you want free. 

Room service free for continental breakfast in the morning and up to 10 pm with a limited menu. Extra items have fees. 

Not sure about alcohol or spa.

Mixed drinks usually run between $7.50 to 9.50 plus gratuity. I think beer runs around $4. Be sure to check fun times, the red frog pub usually has a happy hour a couple of times during the cruise. You are allowed to bring one 750 ml bottle of wine per person in your carry on luggage.

was on Sunshine November 2, was a nice ship.

Soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt are available 24 hours at no additional cost.  Pizza is also available 24 hours at no cost.

Depending on the ship, there are several specialty food venues in addition to Lido Buffet and Main Dining Room such as Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina,  Mongolian Wok, Deli ..... that are no charge.

Most ships have a steakhouse, and a few have Italian and Asian restaurants that are extra cost in the evening.  Coffee shop premium coffee drinks and premium pasties are extra cost.

Exercise equipment, sauna, steam room, and locker room are no charge.

Hi

You may order multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts in the MDR. In the steakhouse, you are only allowed one entrée selection. The meals are substantial in the steakhouse, most people wouldn't be able to manage a second entrée. If there was a problem with a dish I am sure they would replace it. There is also a special dinner presentation called the "Chef's table". It is limited seating, hosted by one of the chefs. Starts with a galley tour and perhaps a presentation while sampling some hors d'oeurves. The dinner will continue in an exclusive venue, with multiple courses, wine is included. It would be extra cost and if you were interested, either pre book or ask about it as soon as you board, as it will likely sell out. They generally limit it to 14 at the table. I have seen where there was high demand and they were able to do it on a second day as well, but don't count on that.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

So far on all lines, I try to shower in the spa at least once

....the cabin has such a tiny shower, and this way hubby can have the teeny one and I can enjoy the huge one!  Towels are in ther also.... I will use thier body wash, but always bring my own shampoo and conditioner 

😎

6 hours ago, sararebekahquinn said:

Soda, lemonade, tea free. Breakfast has a few juices and milk/choc milk free. Coffee/tea free. 

As many apps, entrees, desserts as you want free. 

Room service free for continental breakfast in the morning and up to 10 pm with a limited menu. Extra items have fees. 

Not sure about alcohol or spa.

These things (and the previously corrected soda) but to add that milk and choc milk etc are available every mealtime. And hot chocolate from a mix is also free. You can get these same drinks free thru room service too. 

There are a few items on the dinner menus for an added fee but they are clearly marked. And the included menu is extensive, the extras are up charges for items from the steakhouse basically. 

about that free hot chocolate...A previous poster wrote : And hot chocolate from a mix is also free

Our family believes the hot chocolate, whipped up by a froth-making machine, is far better and much more enjoyable than any "from a mix" variety we've purchased for home use!  Sometimes we even order hot chocolate after dinner and sit to chat together longer!

On 11/28/2018 at 7:18 PM, gemduncan said:

I’ve only sailed on Disney cruise. What are the extra fees on Carnival? 

Is soda, lemonade, water included?

is unlimited ice cream included?

How much is alcohol? We probably only drink 1-2 drinks a day on vacation (2 people)

Are there any “included” spa features? 

Can we order multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts? Or can we only order 1 item per person?

Based on my experience on the Pride, some other ships may vary:

Tap water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee (basic), hot tea (Lipton plain and either a green or decaf), hot chocolate (I liked the powdered mix on Lido better than MDR brunch) are all included.  At breakfast/brunch you can also get certain juices at no charge from MDR or Lido, bars if open will probably charge.

All other drinks have a charge, including: bottled water, soda/pop, specialty coffee, milkshakes, specialty tea bags, energy drinks, juices from a bar, mocktails (virgin cocktails), and of course anything with alcohol.

Soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt are available 24 hours at lido, MDR has hard serve at Sea Day Brunch and dinner (not sure for breakfast and don't think they do a lunch).  You may each bring up to 12 cans or cartons (no bottles) of up to 12 oz each of non-alcoholic beverages.  We bring powdered drink mix and our own tumblers to have energy drinks during the day.

Alcohol varies.  Beer and cider were around $7 each and you could save $2 on 4 if you bought a bucket.  Bucket contents could be mixed, and they are served unopened in a plastic pail with ice.  Mixed drinks were around $9-11, and there are also pitchers available of some drinks at some bars and giant fish bowl drinks (I think holds just over 2 drinks) at Red Frog Pub.  Alchemy has a martini tasting and Red Frog Pub has rum samplers and beer flights.  Each passenger 21 and over may also bring one 750ml or less bottle of wine onboard (embarkation only, not at ports) for in cabin consumption - they may charge a $15 corkage fee if you take the bottle with you to a bar or dining room (no fee if you pour into your own glass in your cabin then carry the glass with you.

Fitness center is free, but there may have been classes with a fee.  There was a jacuzzi in the fitness center free for use, and showers, steam room, and sauna by both locker rooms.

You can order multiples of everything, but as noted earlier there is an extra charge for some items (clearly labeled on the menu), and different rules for the steakhouse.  At the steakhouse you can get 2 apps or 1 app and 1 salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert, and as many sides as you want.  Bonsai sushi I think is all a la carte.  There are pay desserts at the coffee shop in the Piazza outside Red Frog Pub.  All food stations on the Lido deck appeared to be included (might have been a coffee shop with pay items) and Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina were also included - I think some ships have pay venues too.

Most room service items are complimentary from 6am-10pm, but there are some hot items with a charge.  All items from 10pm-6am have a charge (except continental door hanger breakfast), and it is customary to tip the delivery person regardless.  The Sports Bar has a small menu of pay food items, while Red Frog Pub sometimes offers complimentary snacks of plantain chips and seasoned pigeon peas.