Extra charges after voyage

Ubarrow

Received our account on morning of departure and when checked they had added $96.00 for tips, even though we took them off at start. We were on for 36 days on QE. I emailed them and received no reply. Next phone, promised refund didn't arrived. Rang a second time no apology, just said waiting for copy from ship. Told them to check and surprise , surprise it was sitting on file showing cost. They then said it would take about 10-14 days to be processed. Not happy , I then said I have another booking, would they put refund on as OBC. To my surprise they said no problem and it was done immediately. It's funny that if they have to refund it takes aggravation and time, but keeping it in house attitude and speed changes.

5 hours ago, Summer hols said:

They then said it would take about 10-14 days to be processed.

I find a lot of companies will tell you this type of thing, i.e. quite a long period, to cover themselves and because in the past it was often down to your own bank's speed of processing of the refund as opposed them.

But now I've had refunds within a day or two. You would most likely have found that 10-14 days would actually have been only a couple of days. In fact, on our last Cunard cruise we had an excursion cancelled whilst on board. I had an email within a day and within 2 or 3 days the money was back in my account.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, grussellt said:

After a cruise in March on QE we have had the same problem. Charges which were signed for agreed with invoice presented onboard so didn't query amount. The day after our credit card was charged a further amount of $US6.90. We emailed Cunard but only received an automated reply. Further correspondence from us has received no reply so we have handed the matter over to our bank.  These discrepancies can't all be accidental.

Still no communication from Cunard but our bank acknowledged the dispute on April 14 and seamlessly a credit for the full amount has appeared on our statement. These are generally small amounts but it doesn't generate trust in Cunard.

• 3 months later...

An update to my earlier post, #27, Page 2.

I raised a query with Cunard on the 6th of February and got a non-committal reply on the 8th of February.

It is now more then 6 months since I queried the unauthorized charge of USD$8.28 to my credit card.

As of today I have had absolutely no response from Cunard.

Not very impressive.

Cheers,

Oldace 🍺🍷

The first time this happened to me - and it has happened three times so far - I rang them and after arguing that no I shouldn’t have been charged for water in QG, they agreed to refund “on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill” It never arrived!

Next time I made a big fuss, quoting the previous episode and they did refund. I wonder what incorrect charges our next trip will incur!

I am sorry but if "extra" unaccountable charges where taken from my credit card after my voyage and after my final account was paid I would telephone Cunard tell them I had not been correctly charged and that I would be informing my credit card company to dispute the charge and would want a full refund in 7 days. Anybody that waits 6 months to get it rectified is asking for it never to be solved. It is happening all too frequently on Cunard and P&O (sister company) who use same finance staff at Southampton that over a year adds up to a tidy sum and is nothing short of fraud because they have both been repeatedly told of it happening on many occasions and do nothing about it and are making a very nice 100% profit through their fraudulent activity

2 hours ago, cruiseluvva said:

The first time this happened to me - and it has happened three times so far - I rang them and after arguing that no I shouldn’t have been charged for water in QG, they agreed to refund “on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill” It never arrived!

Next time I made a big fuss, quoting the previous episode and they did refund. I wonder what incorrect charges our next trip will incur!

I don't usualy find much to criticise with Cunard, but I do find it hard to see in what sense it is a 'gesture of goodwill' to refund money they have in effect stolen from you. Especially if they then don't even do it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I don't usualy find much to criticise with Cunard, but I do find it hard to see in what sense it is a 'gesture of goodwill' to refund money they have in effect stolen from you. Especially if they then don't even do it.

Precisely.

Did a QM2 TA in June.

Noticed a $18.76 charge on my Master Card which I suspect is not correct.

Called Cunard who is sending my folio via email. I was directed to email guest relations with my concern.

In reading posts on this thread, I am concerned about getting the run around by Cunard.

I will reference CC in my email.

• Like 1

Does Cunard care about CC?   We have taken Cunard many times and have never had an extra charge added.   I take a photo of the screen with charges at the end of the crossing and the charges have always matched.   If they are going to fraudulently charge your account why do they do it for so low an amount.   Perhaps a passing passenger took something from your stateroom on the last day.

I was incorrectly charged an amount of $4.49 and I politely queried it by email. The amount was refunded to my credit card about one week later. Here is the email I had from Cunard:

It appears this charge was in fact an administrative error on turnaround day. Occasionally when a new passenger embarks following a cruise their first transaction is inadvertently posted to the last passengers account and therefore the charge goes through on that card. 

Whilst this is a rare occurrence it is something which we have highlighted with our Auditing Personnel and they are working to remedy this, I therefore thank you for highlighting this to us.  I have today requested that this charge be refunded back to the card on which it was taken.  Please allow 7 – 10 working days for this to show on your account and I do apologise for any inconvenience you have been caused. 

10 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Does Cunard care about CC?   We have taken Cunard many times and have never had an extra charge added.   I take a photo of the screen with charges at the end of the crossing and the charges have always matched.   If they are going to fraudulently charge your account why do they do it for so low an amount.   Perhaps a passing passenger took something from your stateroom on the last day.

Highly unlikely, Cunard always say its something taken from mini bar after final account was done. When queried they say it is an administrative error. Personally I think the cabin stewards miscalculate either by mistake or intentionally on their final count at end of cruise. Happening far too often with Cunard and P&O to be an administration error IMO.