Guarantee assigned nearly 4 months out?

Karysa

We just got our cabin assignment for our March cruise. I was very surprised to see a cabin assigned so early.  We booked a guaranteed balcony on the Dawn and are fine with any balcony that we are given. I was surprised however, that we would be given an adjoining cabin. Is this edged in stone on is there a chance that we would be moved in the case someone asks for this particular cabin when booking? I booked a guarantee on this ship to save money as I thought that any balcony on this ship would be better than the ocean view that we had originally booked.

Edited by Karysa

4 hours ago, Karysa said:

We just got our cabin assignment for our March cruise. I was very surprised to see a cabin assigned so early.  We booked a guaranteed balcony on the Dawn and are fine with any balcony that we are given. I was surprised however, that we would be given an adjoining cabin. Is this edged in stone on is there a chance that we would be moved in the case someone asks for this particular cabin when booking? I booked a guarantee on this ship to save money as I thought that any balcony on this ship would be better than the ocean view that we had originally booked.

Stone. You won’t be moved. And, “just because”, you are not allowed to request a change. 

50 minutes ago, Karysa said:

Thanks. I figured the same. We are adjoined to an owner’s suite currently so I was planning on making fast friends.

Just a FYI - if you are adjoining to an OS on Dawn (deck 9 or 10) you have a hull balcony (NCL now calls Privasea).  Some love them, some not so much.

32 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Stone. You won’t be moved. And, “just because”, you are not allowed to request a change. 

I realize that I couldn’t ask to change and I wouldn’t have booked the gty if I really wasn’t ok with what ever we got.

34 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Just a FYI - if you are adjoining to an OS on Dawn (deck 9 or 10) you have a hull balcony (NCL now calls Privasea).  Some love them, some not so much.

Yup we got one of those. I am actually excited about it. Thank you for the information.