HOW ARE THE MAIN SHOWS ON EURODAM

mcrcruiser

We are sailing Dec 9 ,2018   on Eurodam  to Mexico  .Wondering how the main shows are  on the ship . Do they have 2 or 3 nights of the singers & dancers interspersed  with comedians & others acts .  

What did you see & how did you like the entertainment ?

TIA

We are reviving this thread to see if there were  recent past passengers on Eurodam , who could tell us about the main shows  .Hoping there are some out there   before this thread dies to page 2 ?

Edited by mcrcruiser

We just got back from the 18 day Hawaii cruise on the Eurodam. The first night was a preview show of things coming to the main stage. The second night was a production show with the singers and dancers doing Billboard top songs. It wasn’t bad. During the cruise home from Hawaii the dancers did a show they called 1000 Steps. We didn’t see that one. The rest of the entertainment was individual singers, comedians, and an outstanding pianist. We enjoyed most of those. 

3 hours ago, School library lady said:

We just got back from the 18 day Hawaii cruise on the Eurodam. The first night was a preview show of things coming to the main stage. The second night was a production show with the singers and dancers doing Billboard top songs. It wasn’t bad. During the cruise home from Hawaii the dancers did a show they called 1000 Steps. We didn’t see that one. The rest of the entertainment was individual singers, comedians, and an outstanding pianist. We enjoyed most of those. 

Thanks for your reply:classic_biggrin: .We are looking forward to our cruise on Dec 9th on Eurodam  to Mexico & enjoying the shows 

Next December we  booked the Star Princess to Hawaii from San Pedro & late April 2020 we booked the Emerald Princess also to Hawaii from San Pedro . Both those cruises are nicely priced  for Balcony cabins under the 3 for free sale;which includes ppd gratuities ,on board credit of $200 for a balcony & cabin upgrade 

We have been to Hawaii many times in the past & it is one of our favorite cruises  .We no longer want to fly ,so we try to keep cruising either from our home port of San Diego or we drive to San Pedro ;which is not too far away 

I was on the same cruise as School library lady.

I only saw the singers & dancers in the 1000 steps show. It was fine, but you didn't miss anything if you missed it.

The other nights were comedians (mixed- 1 fairly good, the others not so great), a ventriloquist (better than I expected), at least 1 singer who I personally didn't care for, and a piano player who was quite good. The BBC Earth show where the musicians played the score live to the movie was the best of the main stage entertainment, IMO. We enjoyed going to BB Kings for the night more than most of the main stage shows.

I did really enjoy the Filipino crew show.

Whatever you end up doing, I hope you enjoy!

We just got off the Koningsdam this morning.  They also did the Billboard show and 1000 steps which we had seen on another ship and one other that we missed ( but we had seen already). I wish they'd change shows so that we could have some variety.

We were also on the Circle Hawaii cruise. The 8:00 show was standing room most nights so we started going to the 10:00 show due to the many sea days. I felt both comedians were very good, especially the one sailing to Hawaii. The ventriloquist was very good and went to both of his shows. The singer/composer sang his songs plus had a very entertaining quartet acapella song with himself. The piano player was amazingly limber and he used some outstanding keyboard positions while playing. The 1000 Steps show was good.

The BB King group rocked as usual, and the Lincoln Center Piano Quintet was excellent. Somehow we couldn't get into the two fellows at Billboard though.

I am sure that you will have the HAL Mexican Ambassadors onboard, similar to the Mexican Riviera cruise that we did two years ago on the Westerdam. They did a daily show by the Lido pool.

Actually, the Eurodam's 18 day Hawaii cruise had excellent entertainment in our opinion.  HAL has upped its live entertainment in the last few years and this cruise was totally well done.  When you consider all these venues:  Lincoln Center 5 piece classical/pop, BB King 8 piece, Billboard Onboard 2 piano singers, and then the MainStage shows!  Toni Warne was the outstanding female singer, but she won't be back on Holland for awhile unfortunately.  The production shows, which started on the Koningsdam, were Off the Charts and 1000 Steps.  One World was cancelled due to unexpected cast changes.  Tom Franek was the pianist who could play in any position!  Mike Mentz was the ventraligist who is a regular on HAL, and is also well received.  Nick Paul, John Wing, Bud Anderson, and Mike Mentz were the other comedians/acts.