Elite free internet minutes

CruisinCouple2010

On 2/8/2020 at 12:20 PM, Steelers36 said:

I am not sure you are missing anything.  Princess has not updated/changed this benefit information for a very long time and certainly not since MedallionNet arrived.  The above is old information.  If you are on a MedallionNet ship, you will be offered a choice between the free minutes above, or exchanging them in return for a 25% discount off the on-board package price for unlimited internet.  You won't be buying extra minutes as the above indicates.  You can use your minutes up and then buy unlimited internet by the day later in the cruise, but it may be more economical (and certainly easier) to simply buy the full-cruise package at a discount on Day 1.  If you are unsure about the comparison, then visit the Internet Cafe on Day 1 and ask what it will cost to purchase internet after X days when you have used up your free minutes (X is a variable of how much internet you personally use and if you remember to logoff properly).

Thanks for answering me again.  I see where you said, that Princess has not updated the website for the discount. (Obviously they have not)

One last question (Hopefully).  With the Medallion net do you have to wait until you get on board to get the 25% discount?  Seems like a good deal to me.

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thanks for answering me again.  I see where you said, that Princess has not updated the website for the discount. (Obviously they have not)

One last question (Hopefully).  With the Medallion net do you have to wait until you get on board to get the 25% discount?  Seems like a good deal to me.

Yes.  Unfortunately, they do not offer us anything pre-cruise.  Everyone pays the same.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.  Unfortunately, they do not offer us anything pre-cruise.  Everyone pays the same.

Thank you for you help on this and the other thread.  I think I have a clear understand of my Medallion and non Medallion internet options for my varied cruises.

1 hour ago, jdechter said:

If I prepay for internet have I given up the 250 minutes as Elite?

That depends.  You should cancel it right now because it will be cheaper on board.  Otherwise, you board the ship and have over-paid to some degree and then you have the package.  the free minutes are redundant.  How would you add free minutes to unlimited internet?  I suppose you could cancel the order on board and then take free minutes, but you may not be offered the option and would need to see the Internet Cafe Manager.  Far better to cancel with Princess first before heading for your cruise.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:20 AM, Steelers36 said:

I am not sure you are missing anything.  Princess has not updated/changed this benefit information for a very long time and certainly not since MedallionNet arrived.  The above is old information.  If you are on a MedallionNet ship, you will be offered a choice between the free minutes above, or exchanging them in return for a 25% discount off the on-board package price for unlimited internet.  You won't be buying extra minutes as the above indicates.

We were on a ship in December that had PrincessConnect. not MedallionNet.

Yes, when we first signed on we were offered the ability to purchase unlimited Internet at a discount in exchange for our free minutes.

But we were also offered to keep the minutes with an option to purchase 100 or 200 extra minutes at a discount.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

We were on a ship in December that had PrincessConnect. not MedallionNet.

Yes, when we first signed on we were offered the ability to purchase unlimited Internet at a discount in exchange for our free minutes.

But we were also offered to keep the minutes with an option to purchase 100 or 200 extra minutes at a discount.

Yes, Princess Connect works that way.  I just didn't mention it as the context was Medallion Net.  I had similar one a year ago and will probably have the same thing for a cruise in 2021 and will have to decide what to do.  Not easy going backwards to slow internet.

• Thanks 1