Late "live" from Edge 12/1/18

Mainah

The ship is beautiful.  Really like like the decor however all the gray in the inside hallways is starting to get to me a little 😉.

All of our experiences from

staff to food have been great so far however there's a negative today unfortunately.  We've rented a cabana and were led to believe that both entrances would be roped off limiting access for cabana guests only.  That is not the case today and there's a lot of foot traffic back and forth making it feel as if we're in a fishbowl!  Have complained and been told they are looking into it.  Not too

happy at the moment considering the price we paid.

• Like 1

Mainah thanks so much for the great shots of the SV.  We have one on our b2b Edge cruise in February.  Love the size of the verandah.  Reminds me of the aft CC1 cabins on the M class which we always book.  Also satisfied with the sliding doors and an inside curtain that you can draw close so that one person can sleep while the other is on the verandah.  Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

Thanks "pmfm"!  

Just realized that on vtcruisings thread I mentioned we would be in cabana 3 and any CCers around to stop by and say hello which I'm embarrassed to say kinda defeats my privacy complaint!  So sorry!  And btw they changed us to # 4...anyway come by say hello and if they rope off the area go up to the pool area and lean over the railing to say hello!...😉

It seems as though it simply is not a private area.  The cabanas are close in proximity to one another and there are people walking by (at least for now).  How are you enjoying the cabana (besides the privacy issue) ?  Service?  Food? Drinks? Comfort?

Edited by CanadianTourist

6 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

It seems as though it simply is not a private area.  The cabanas are close in proximity to one another and there are people walking by (at least for now).  How do you find the cabana (besides the privacy issue) ?  Service?  Food? Drinks? Comfort?

As far as service, drinks and comfort it's been excellent...just ordering food now so will report back after....🙂

No way the cabana's can be private. Even if you cut off the area to cross traffic... how private would it be if you have an end cabana and people from a middle cabana walk past... also wait staff.. also... doesn't the MC come into play somewhere in that area?  Not like cabanas of S class. So no cabana sex for anyone... 😞 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

No way the cabana's can be private. Even if you cut off the area to cross traffic... how private would it be if you have an end cabana and people from a middle cabana walk past... also wait staff.. also... doesn't the MC come into play somewhere in that area?  Not like cabanas of S class. So no cabana sex for anyone... 😞 

Well at least they know of the "problem" after our complaints.  Your points are valid however there would be a lot less traffic if only servers guests walked by...it's been an absolute zoo with it open to all...they moved the MC around 9:30 this morning.

Our current view:

IMG_0446.JPG

1 hour ago, CanadianTourist said:

It seems as though it simply is not a private area.  The cabanas are close in proximity to one another and there are people walking by (at least for now).  How are you enjoying the cabana (besides the privacy issue) ?  Service?  Food? Drinks? Comfort?

I don’t see a problem with people walking through. I saw the cabanas as a great comfy couch to enjoy a large (or small) group, be pampered and have some shade and music right near the pool. The cabanas on the lawn club were not private either, but too far from the pool. I don’t think the area was to be a totally private. Even in the retreat, people walk around the comfy beds and there is no roped off area. Some hotel cabanas are not roped off either. So I would enjoy the action. Call it semi-private lux lounging by the pool. 

• Like 1

One last thing about the cabanas from me and this is not to start a debate about them...in our opinion and considering we had first hand experience they are not worth the $400 per day charge for what you get YMMV.  Celebrity addressed our concerns in a very professional and courteous way and I'll end it at that.  So before life gets in the way I wanted to post a few more pictures of this beautiful ship and yes we had a great cruise and can't wait to sail Edge again.

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Are the stools at the sunset bar really curved?  Looks kind of weird in the picture you posted.

Funny but I never noticed the curved feature before you pointed it out!  To be honest I don't know.  I never sat in them!

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It was great to meet you! Thanks for participating in the cabin crawl. Your place was a big hit and it was nice to see how they connected the two cabin balconies.

Take care! Hope we cruise with you again!

Marilyn

It was great meeting you and your husband also Marilyn (plus all the other CCer's we met)!  Thanks so much for all your work in organizing everything and all the information you posted throughout these months about Edge. 

Maybe we'll all have a future cruise on the Apex together?  :classic_smile:

Dale.

• Like 1

I think it would be wrong for X to stop foot traffic where the Cabanas are located. It is a path to go from one end to the other. X didn't think this one very well because the area is not private or can't be made private like the alcoves on the S class.

Thanks for the review and photos..some   have a very fresh persoective than  others that have been posted.  Lots to be discovered. Yes..those  bar seats look like saddles for thin people!

Can't wait to  cruise in our SV next Nov.  Love  the traditional draperies.  We will be in AQ class  next month...no curtains ...just the  electronic shade on the Veranda...

6 hours ago, Sandy1975 said:

I think it would be wrong for X to stop foot traffic where the Cabanas are located. It is a path to go from one end to the other. X didn't think this one very well because the area is not private or can't be made private like the alcoves on the S class.

What is wrong is having that foot traffic routed right through the center of the Cabanas.  The cabanas should be along the outer wall, with the path between them and the pool area.  Then they could have curtains and block the cabanas off for privacy when in use.  Seems pretty obvious. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

What is wrong is having that foot traffic routed right through the center of the Cabanas.  The cabanas should be along the outer wall, with the path between them and the pool area.  Then they could have curtains and block the cabanas off for privacy when in use.  Seems pretty obvious. 

We all pay a hefty price to enjoy the rest of the pool deck and if you don't mind losing more real estate because of a few that are paying for a cabana, then I guess you are more understanding than I am. In Vegas, all-inclusive resorts, etc it is just like this and those that pay for the table /cabana service should understand that they can't stop others from enjoying the space outside the cabana. Therefore, I think it is wrong that the majority pay for X design flaws.