New Princess Sale

Happy2cruise

39 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

Just checked out the new Princess Anniversary sale and perks are the same as the last 3 for free sale but the fare is $2540 MORE for our 12/2019 cruise and deposit is non-refundable. Unless I'm missing something, this is no sale (at least for us).

It's ridiculous, used to be one of the better sales.

41 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

Just checked out the new Princess Anniversary sale and perks are the same as the last 3 for free sale but the fare is $2540 MORE for our 12/2019 cruise and deposit is non-refundable. Unless I'm missing something, this is no sale (at least for us).

$2540 more than what? -

the original fare the date the cruise was open for bookings ?

when you actually booked?

the day before the anniversary sale became effective?

lots of factors ...

Is it a non refundable deposit?

I was finalizing another booking last night with the Cyber sale before it ended at midnight and everytime I went through the booking process a box popped up with "Anniversary Sale" terms to agree to with a non refundable deposit.

39 minutes ago, voljeep said:

$2540 more than what? -

the original fare the date the cruise was open for bookings ?

when you actually booked?

the day before the anniversary sale became effective?

lots of factors ...

More than when we booked........

Original fare the date the cruise opened for bookings......$2540 less than price now.

Day before anniversary sale became effective.....same fare as anniversary sale price.

Yes, lots of factors and as I said "no sale, at least for us".:classic_wink:

1 minute ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

I was checking online and for my cruise the fare is $300 more per person, but I would get free gratuities and $400 room credit.So it appears like a $500 plus for me. Going to call to verify.

Great!  We had booked under the 3 for free sale and already had those perks.  IMO, people who did not book with perks this sale will definitely benefit them like it did you.

It appears to be the exact same thing as when we booked 3 for Free except for the deposit being non-refundable and for us it was refundable.  I looked at our Dec 2019 cruise on the Sky and the per person/per room cost is basically the exact same cost.

1 hour ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

I was checking online and for my cruise the fare is $300 more per person, but I would get free gratuities and $400 room credit.So it appears like a $500 plus for me. Going to call to verify.

Well I called them. Even tho the advertisement says February 2019 - May 2020 our particular sailing is NOT included in the sale. I tried being assertive and saying it doesn't say that it's only select sailings but they said sorry no can do.  I got a great rate on my room. I booked last year on the anniversary sale, but reshopped the fare just last week to save $1400. So while I would have liked an additional savings of $500 I'm not complaining, I'm going to Hawaii!!

1 hour ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

Well I called them. Even tho the advertisement says February 2019 - May 2020 our particular sailing is NOT included in the sale. I tried being assertive and saying it doesn't say that it's only select sailings but they said sorry no can do.  I got a great rate on my room. I booked last year on the anniversary sale, but reshopped the fare just last week to save $1400. So while I would have liked an additional savings of $500 I'm not complaining, I'm going to Hawaii!!

Did you go into the Princess website and do a mock booking of your cruise and see if it shows the Anniversary Sale on your sailing?  It's worth a try.

6 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Same here...the Anniversary sale is $380 more than we paid for the 3 for free sale 

I just saved $680 on my b2b voyage of the glaciers cruises May 2019. I booked under 3 for free so the perks now are the same. Used FCC as our deposit originally and it transferred  over to the new booking. No additional deposit needed. Yes our $200 per leg total is non refundable but I am fine with that. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

We booked a Cat DD Guarantee last July for the April, 2019 TA on the Regal Princess under the Landmark Sale which included $1200 OBC, but not gratuities. In October we switched to the 3 for Free Sale, which was a lower price, free gratuities, $400 OBC, and free stateroom location upgrade. Our TA suggested we move to a Cat DB, because it was a better location and the same price. Under the recent Anniversary Sale, that is not the case. The price is slightly cheaper and free gratuities and OBC stay the same, but no free stateroom location upgrade, so now Cat DB costs more than Cat DD. I think we are going back to the Cat DD Guarantee.

24 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Amy G, some of the summer 2020 cruises are already on the website.  It depends on where you want to go.  There are no promos that apply to summer 2020 yet though so that will be awhile.  

Right, I have the one I want ready to book, but it would be nice to get free gratuities.  

I booked a cruise on the new ship, Enchanted, for September, 2020, under refundable deposit but no sale or any perks.  Am glad I did in that my category of cabin (M1) is sold out!!!!!  So, if and when, a sale becomes available, I sure will do my best to rebook my same cabin!!!!  Will be interesting to see if I will be able to do so.  I mean, my category was sold out on 11/27/2018, almost two full years before the cruise!  Mind boggling!

Pooh