Barcelona Port Help

Littleribbie

Just booked a 15 day TA ending in Barcelona (Princess) and without thinking about it ...I booked another cruise out of Barcelona the next day on NCL. Does anyone know if both NCL and Princess will share the same port...or is there several ports. We traveled last year to Barcelona but I cant remember if I even saw other cruise ships....I remember it was pouring rain and there were tons of TAXIS lined up but that all I can remember...thanks

It’s my understanding that the actual dock is assigned closer to the sailing date. Your cruise documents that you receive closer to your cruise date will list the dock location and I expect you will have both sets of documents before you leave home. It sounds like you will have plenty of time if you are disembarking on one day and embarking on another. There are fleets of taxis lined up as passengers disembark, so you should have no trouble going from one location to another.

On 12/4/2018 at 5:51 PM, Littleribbie said:

Just booked a 15 day TA ending in Barcelona (Princess) and without thinking about it ...I booked another cruise out of Barcelona the next day on NCL. Does anyone know if both NCL and Princess will share the same port...or is there several ports. We traveled last year to Barcelona but I cant remember if I even saw other cruise ships....I remember it was pouring rain and there were tons of TAXIS lined up but that all I can remember...thanks

If the second cruise is the next day is it really relevant? You need somewhere to stay for the night anyway, and you might as well choose that based on what you want to do with your day in Barcelona.

• Like 1

Most of the ships dock at the same long pier, called Moll Adossat.  It shouldn't be a problem at all to get there from just about anywhere in the city.  You can sometimes find out where each ship is scheduled to dock by googling for, and looking at, the Barcelona Port website. Also, https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html might be helpful in giving you a general idea of the port area in BCN. 

Edited by roothy123

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, gnome12 said:

If the second cruise is the next day is it really relevant? You need somewhere to stay for the night anyway, and you might as well choose that based on what you want to do with your day in Barcelona.

"relevant"??...yes and no....We know our way around Barcelona fairly well and already booked the hotel for the night as I did want it fairly close to the port...but then it dawned on me...perhaps there were a couple ports and I was sort of second guessing my chosen hotel location.....no visit to Barcelona is complete w/o a visit to the market!!

Basically all the major lines cruise from the same pier which contains multiple docks.  Generally the dock is not assigned until closer to sailing.  Transportation to the pier from any of the usual haunts in Barcelona should not be a problem.