Toiletries provided by HAL?

Wayfairers

Bathtub/showers provide Elemis body wash, shampoo and conditioners from a wall dispensers. Elemis hand cream in small bottles and small bars of Elemis soap are standard. In Neptune Suites and above, other small Elemis toiletry products are also offered: lip balm, temple balm, bath salts etc. 

The hand cream is a thicker version of what was offered a few years ago - much better. 

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wayfairers said:

Thanks!   I’m happy to hear the hand cream is thicker than before and shampoo, conditioner and soap are still supplied.  

I found the recent hand/body lotion they provide has a strong perfume smell now.  The old yellow coloured one I found did not.  Not a fan of the newer one.  

Just now, Kerwin725 said:

are there hair dryers in the cabins?

Yes, there is a 220 hair drying  in the drawer by the desk area with the large mirror- with a magnified mirror and plug outlets. Some of the older ships had a very weak hairdryer attached to a hose in the bathroom - but they are now getting eliminated as the bathrooms are getting refurbished. The hair dryer is a very adequate, standard two speed model but with no attachments. 

thank you!  Greatly appreciated.  One more question...I had read somewhere on all these boards that you can not bring your own power strip and need to get one from the ship.  Where or how do I go about in getting that power strip?  With electronics and my husbands cpap we will for sure need a strip.

6 minutes ago, Kerwin725 said:

thank you!  Greatly appreciated.  One more question...I had read somewhere on all these boards that you can not bring your own power strip and need to get one from the ship.  Where or how do I go about in getting that power strip?  With electronics and my husbands cpap we will for sure need a strip.

They want to make sure no passenger power strip has a surge protector. I believe you can bring one and get it passed by ship's staff or ask for one that meets their approval. Important up front to understand the safety considerations that go into life on board a ship - fire is a terrible hazard.  

New ships and after some of the dry docks, extra outlets and electronic ports have been added so you may or may not even need the extra power strip. And some passengers even use cruise time as a time to unplug entirely. 

HAL has a CPAP package I believe- power cords and distilled water supplies. 

Edited by OlsSalt

On 12/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, canadianbear said:

I found the recent hand/body lotion they provide has a strong perfume smell now.  The old yellow coloured one I found did not.  Not a fan of the newer one.  

That’s not so good. DH is allergic to most perfumed lotions.  If they aren’t all natural there is something in the lotion base that causes problems for him.   Think I’ll bring my own.  Glad we will drive not fly to port.  

On our last cruise I had to ask for a soap dish, don't know if it just got overlooked but really didn't want that bar of soap sliding all over the counter and ending on the floor.  There wasn't one attached to the wall as was the case on a different ship.  

On our upcoming cruise I'm bringing my own hand soap, I prefer the pump foaming kind.  Were in port a day early and I hit the nearest drug store to pick up all the stuff I don't want to pack, toothpaste, mouthwash etc. and this year the foaming soap😉

16 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

That’s not so good. DH is allergic to most perfumed lotions.  If they aren’t all natural there is something in the lotion base that causes problems for him.   Think I’ll bring my own.  Glad we will drive not fly to port.  

With those types of sensitivities it is perfectly normal you would be expected to bring your own for your own protection. 

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

I found it very strong smelling and am glad I brought my own.  Your DH would most definitely not like the strong smell.  I’m not sure why HAL would do this knowing there are so many people with issues and I forgot to put my opinion on the last survey they sent.