Two-tops in MDRs on Edge

NCNina

We have have an Edge cruise booked in April 2019, and I'm wondering if anyone who has dined in one of the MDRs has thoughts about the configuration of the tables for 2.  DH and I enjoy cruising because it gives us a chance to unplug from our busy lives and reconnect for a week.  One of the things we look forward to the most is having leisurely dinners together each evening, so we always request a table for 2.  From the photos I've seen, it looks like most of these are very close together, making private conversation difficult.  Unfortunately, this may be a deal breaker for us.  Anyone have any first-hand observations they'd like to share?  Thanks so much!

I  Preferr a sharing table. Last night I went to the restaurant I had booked and was told there was no sharing table available at that moment but I could sit by myself at a table for two. I made a face and the MaitreD said “oh it’s close enough to the neighboring tables,  it’s almost like a sharing table and you can converse with people on both sides with you pretty easily. “. Take from that what you will

Edited by cruisestitch

If I want to make polite conversation to all around me then this will work on Edge.  I will be asking for a table next to a window or wall and will be willing to wait. We did enjoy tables for 6 or 8 but that has passed because no one shows up.

27 minutes ago, dazey said:

If I want to make polite conversation to all around me then this will work on Edge.  I will be asking for a table next to a window or wall and will be willing to wait. We did enjoy tables for 6 or 8 but that has passed because no one shows up.

Also noticed more banquettes in the mdrs..not my fav seatung arrangement..

Yes tables will be close,.,but not all of them,...based onky on posted photos,,

We were on the Dec. 1 preview cruise. Like you, we prefer a private table for two at dinner. We had mixed results. In Normandie, we were seated at a four-top and had it all to ourselves - great privacy. In Tuscan, we were seated at a two-top that was DIRECTLY beside another two-top. We immediately asked to move to something more private and were accommodated, but I felt bad. There was nothing wrong with the two ladies sitting there - we just like private dinners. And in Cosmopolitan, we were again seated at a "two-top" that was basically part of a table for eight. Thankfully, the other three couples there were well into their meals and conversations, so they ignored us, and we ignored them. Still uncomfortable. When we cruise again in April, I'm going to stress when seated that we want a PRIVATE table for two. Hope this helps!

Good luck with that request. We asked for a table for two and were told none available. Put at a 4 top with a snobbish couple. Every night!!! We tried to make polite conversation but dinner felt like an ordeal. I'm hoping we'll have better luck on Edge in 9 days. Joyce