Pillows and Mattresses

Clemmers

Can anyone offer some insight into what the pillows and mattresses are like on the QM2? I have some back issues so it's always an issue when I travel, but I can work around it if I know what to expect. We're staying in Britannia class, if that makes a difference (read: the very cheapest cabin 😉 ).

Thanks in advance! 

5 minutes ago, Clemmers said:

I usually travel with my own pillow, I'm glad I'm not the only one! What makes the Cunard pillows awful?

I find them floppy with no support.  I guess they are quite old and don't get replaced very often.

Another with long standing back problems.  I found the pillows soft and loved the mattress on the QM2.  Had a great sleep, which is unusual for me.

The mattresses on the Cunard ships are available to buy (link below) which gives an insight on them.  I would rate them nearer firm than medium.

https://shop.sealy.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/26466/category/138/

The mattresses and pillows are great in the Grills, but Britannia are not.

If you have a King Size bed it is usually twins linked together and should have a foam topper over .My recent Cruise a week ago on QV did not have this and I found it uncomfortable.

I am usuallly happy with the  mattresses, and I have had back surgery in the past and sleep on a Tempur mattress at home. 

The pillows in Britannia are dreadful! The metre square one is very soft and floppy and the longer than average regular shape pillow is very hard. I made these comments in my survey feedback only yesterday,

The pillows have changed a lot over the last five years. They are lower in  quality and lesser of them. You used to get two regular ones plus a bolster and a metre . square one. 

On QM2 last year, Christmas cruise the regular pillow was filled with cut up pieces of foam. The same pillows were on QE in summer and autumn this year. Dreadful!

Take your own if you feel unsure. Or check them out when you board and ask for ones that you Prefer.

Agree regarding the pillows now  in Britannia staterooms on QM2. They have changed them and are now awful, very hard due to the air getting trapped inside them when resting your head on them.

Mattresses made by Sealy  are very comfortable.