New Wine Package - Effective Nov 2018 (includes pics of previous packages)

luv2cruisin

Just returned from 14 days on Caribbean Princess. In my group we purchased the wine packages for 7 and 12 bottles of wine. Gratuities were added on at the initial  point of purchase.  No extra gratuities were added, even when wine exceeded the $45 limit. The card you receive,  records by hand, each purchase. Bottles over $45 are allowed. You will be charged for the higher priced bottles on your folio, and credited back $45. works like a charm. Great wine selection on board. Good value. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Just returned from 14 days on Caribbean Princess. In my group we purchased the wine packages for 7 and 12 bottles of wine. Gratuities were added on at the initial  point of purchase.  No extra gratuities were added, even when wine exceeded the $45 limit. The card you receive,  records by hand, each purchase. Bottles over $45 are allowed. You will be charged for the higher priced bottles on your folio, and credited back $45. works like a charm. Great wine selection on board. Good value. 

CruzQueen2  thanks for the update.

Hmmm, we just returned yesterday from a 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise on Ruby Princess, and we’re disappointed to find that they weren’t selling any wine package.  We’ve bought 10 bottle packages each previous Princess cruise, which always happened to be on the Royal, in the Caribbean and a transatlantic.  I am hoping this was just a Ruby-unique issue and not a new policy princess-wide... 

We just booked an 11 day Baltic cruise on Regal in May and would love to get a wine package on board.

2 hours ago, WhiteRockMike said:

Hmmm, we just returned yesterday from a 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise on Ruby Princess, and we’re disappointed to find that they weren’t selling any wine package.  We’ve bought 10 bottle packages each previous Princess cruise, which always happened to be on the Royal, in the Caribbean and a transatlantic.  I am hoping this was just a Ruby-unique issue and not a new policy princess-wide... 

We just booked an 11 day Baltic cruise on Regal in May and would love to get a wine package on board.

Good to know! I am hoping they don't discontinue these packages.  I was counting on buying one in the fall for a 10 night sailing we have booked.  We live close to the port so will take our own wine if we find out the packages are not available.  

On 1/31/2019 at 12:08 AM, Astro Flyer said:

The 15% gratuity is added when purchasing the wine package & is based on the package’s cost & not on the individual cost of each bottle of wine. 

For example the 7 bottle gold package costs $217 & the gratuity added when purchasing the package would be $32.55.

5602E12E-1D70-4F02-903C-CB11C971075C.jpeg

Our recent experience on the Crown:

We recently sailed on the Crown (10 days - 2/15 to 2/25) and purchased the wine package. We had to ask several times for the card and did manage to get it in the main dining room at dinner on night 2. The card was exactly as shown here by Astro Flyer. Choice between silver and gold, 7, 10 & 12 bottle pkg. we purchased the 10 bottle gold package. There were a few nights that we had to choose a different bottle of wine as they did not have my choice in stock. It's nice that they have these packages for folks that like to have wine with their dinner.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, WhiteRockMike said:

Got back from our Regal Princess Baltic cruise.  They had the gold wine package but no longer offer the silver.

The Gold wine package was available on my Royal 7-day cruise in late April but don’t know if that’s offered fleetwide.  I expressed my happiness to the maître d’ about it being available and he replied that he never understood why they were not available on 7-day cruises.