Miami Hotel (no room available a year in advance)

Cookie2boys

Hello.  Tried to book Hampton Inn Brickell (since it's highly recommended here) about two weeks ago for 11/29/19 but there were no rooms available.  I figured it was too early so I tried again today and it said the same thing.  Is it possibly because it's the day after Thanksgiving or is there some special event going on that weekend?  Any other good hotel suggestions in that area.  We are a family of four including two teenage boys.  Prefer to be close to the metromover or close walking distance to it.  Also prefer Hilton or Marriot brand but we can be flexible.  I'm sure I will have many more questions in the near future.  Thanks in advance to all of you very knowledgable posters/repliers who keep answering the basically same questions over and over (including mine I guess).

Howdy neighbor! :classic_wink:

I would call the Hampton Inn directly - not the national 1-800 number.

There's also a Homewood Suites and Marriott options in the Mary Brickell area.

Edited by JohninDC

On 12/17/2018 at 9:14 AM, Cookie2boys said:

Hello.  Tried to book Hampton Inn Brickell (since it's highly recommended here) about two weeks ago for 11/29/19 but there were no rooms available.  I figured it was too early so I tried again today and it said the same thing.  Is it possibly because it's the day after Thanksgiving or is there some special event going on that weekend?  Any other good hotel suggestions in that area.  We are a family of four including two teenage boys.  Prefer to be close to the metromover or close walking distance to it.  Also prefer Hilton or Marriot brand but we can be flexible.  I'm sure I will have many more questions in the near future.  Thanks in advance to all of you very knowledgable posters/repliers who keep answering the basically same questions over and over (including mine I guess).

I'm sure it is probably booked solid for Art Basel 2019.  They had their highest attendance ever this year.  Vendors and minimum night stay requirements.

I just checked the Hilton website.   The last date for check in that you can do right now is November 15, 2019.  

As CruiserBruce noted it will be another couple of weeks (in fact I think two weeks from today) until you can make the reservation.

In the meantime as JohninDC noted you can try to call the hotel directly.  Some hotels can make reservations earlier but others cannot.  Not sure about this one.

Keith

18 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

I'm sure it is probably booked solid for Art Basel 2019.  They had their highest attendance ever this year.  Vendors and minimum night stay requirements.

This may be true...have seen it in San Diego where the Convention Center management grabs whole hotels before they release bookings to save them for the many large conventions they get. Is there such a group for the Art Basel event?

Based on Keith1010's comments, I would think they haven't released their bookings yet. You can see this on the Hilton site with a little research. Unfortunately the common statement that Hilton releases schedules 365 days prior to your checkout date is no longer consistently true.