Riviera wait list cabin how to book question

titanraven

Hello,

We did our first Oceania cruise on the Riviera, 27 Nov - 9 Dec. Very enjoyable. We usually book a Feb birthday cruise and I found a cruise on Riviera Feb 17 - Feb 24 2019. 

But all categories are "Wait List". I tried to do a booking and pick a cabin category but when I click on the category I would like nothing happens. When I click on the next step, it gives an error message that I have to pick a cabin.   But I cannot seem to pick a preferred category.

Any suggestions on how to book on a wait list category is appreciated. I searched the forum for wait list and the Oceania website but cannot find an answer.

TR

Wait list  means there are no available cabins

You can go on a list  incase one opens up in the Cat you want

There are 2 lists  one where you  pay the deposit  & one you do not

You may have a better chance  with the deposit

1 hour ago, titanraven said:

Hello,

We did our first Oceania cruise on the Riviera, 27 Nov - 9 Dec. Very enjoyable. We usually book a Feb birthday cruise and I found a cruise on Riviera Feb 17 - Feb 24 2019. 

But all categories are "Wait List". I tried to do a booking and pick a cabin category but when I click on the category I would like nothing happens. When I click on the next step, it gives an error message that I have to pick a cabin.   But I cannot seem to pick a preferred category.

Any suggestions on how to book on a wait list category is appreciated. I searched the forum for wait list and the Oceania website but cannot find an answer.

TR

Doesn't help you now but, in the future, recognize that decent cabins (sometimes all in a category) on interesting Oceania itineraries often fill up within weeks of their announcement.

BTW, why didn't you try to book onboard?

Thanks for your answers. I need to find a TA since I've always just booked on-line. 

We've only sailed on NCL and did not realize that the Oceania ships fill up so quickly. I'll keep that in mind.

Not sure why we did not book on board, we just never got around to stopping in the office to talk about a cruise. Plus we kidded ourselves that we were going to wait a year until we cruise again. 

not  all sailings fill up quickly  but you are past final payment  and there was  sale over Thanksgiving  that may have  brought more bookings

the 7 day cruise is also part of a longer cruise

so call Oceania to see if any cabins are open on the cruise you want