Oasis OTS - Ice in cabin request

bgoff60

Cruising again January 6th.  I am am also about 30 plus days out from having both knees replaced. (Looking forward this this almost and our next cruise!!!) 

I can still get around fairly well but at the end of the day, I have found that having an ice pack REALLY helps with pain management. 

We have a refillable ice bag with a wide mouth screw top.  My question is how do I get ice to fill it and not be 'that guy'?

Can I ask the room attendant to have a bucket of ice for me every night at turn down?

Can I order it from room service? (free?)

What other options are there.  

16 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Cruising again January 6th.  I am am also about 30 plus days out from having both knees replaced. (Looking forward this this almost and our next cruise!!!) 

I can still get around fairly well but at the end of the day, I have found that having an ice pack REALLY helps with pain management. 

We have a refillable ice bag with a wide mouth screw top.  My question is how do I get ice to fill it and not be 'that guy'?

Can I ask the room attendant to have a bucket of ice for me every night at turn down?

When I board and meet our cabin steward, the first item that I request is the daily ice to be made available.  Also, my D+ bathrobe, extra pillows and towels.

54 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

We sailed when my DH was 6 weeks post surgery for a ruptured quad.  We brought the same type ice bag and explained to our cabin steward that we need a regular ice bucket for drinks and then a large bucket of ice for my DH to ice his leg twice a day plus extra towels.  He was excellent at providing everything we needed.  We had also requested a shower stool through special needs prior to our cruise since DH was not completely weight bearing at this point, but it was not in the cabin.  He was able to track down one for us and had it in the cabin after dinner the first day.  You might want to consider a shower stool too so you are safer if the ship sways.  Love those ice bags though since they don't sweat.

8 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Bring one of those collapsable soft-sided coolers.  The stateroom attendant will fill it up as needed.