Courtesy hold

mediator

Yes, is the correct answer......but be available by conference call to authorize the release of your courtesy hold.

I did exactly this when I saw a good sweet16 cabin available for our Summit cruise next month.  I put a hold on the cabin on the X website.  Next, I called agent so I could get their added perks and they called X with me on the phone to confirm that I would release the hold.  Just be available and it should be "doable" but I had to gave X my password for the X website before they would release the hold.

I have also used 24-hour holds late at night to lock in a price drop. Called my TA the following day to have the new price applied to my existing booking even though the price drop had disappeared by then.

You just have to make sure the hold in on a cabin in the same exact class as your existing cabin and participate in a 3-way call with Celebrity and your TA so that you can authorize the release of the hold and new fare transfer to your existing cabin reservation. You get to keep any on-board booking bonus OBC; but of course, you need to make sure the new fare is a good deal if there are any differences in perks between those of your existing reservation and that of the hold.

Also, if you are making use of a loyalty upgrade fare (such as a 1A cabin at a 1B fare) you will need to put the hold on the lower class cabin (e.g. the 1B) to lock in the price drop.