5* came thrpugh

Tennessee Titan

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Sorry to resurrect. Just curious. 5* was posted on my web site profile, haven't heard a word form HAL 5*s - in your experience how long does it take to get the pin, email, and /or welcome letter?

We are only 4* but I’m sure a 5* will chime in soon.  And let’s hope you hear from HAL-is it presented the next time you cruise?

47 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We are only 4* but I’m sure a 5* will chime in soon.  And let’s hope you hear from HAL-is it presented the next time you cruise?

The Medals are presented on board but the *pins are mailed.   I would wait about 3 weeks and if you don't the pins then call or email the Mariner Society and ask.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on reaching five stars! For CanadianBear, if you are within three days of the next category, you can call (I believe it was the Mariners Society) before your cruise and ask if they will upgrade you. I did this last year because I was only one day from 4* and we were taking two back to back segments. I only asked for the second segment but the very nice lady I talked to upgraded me immediately saying that policy allowed it as long as the distance from the next level was three days or less.

• Like 1

Signed up for my "free" five star "Cook's Magazine offer months ago. It still has not come.  Never got pins for any star category, so it does look like one needs to contact the Mariner's Society to nudge these things along.

However, we have had no problems getting the on board benefits properly credited, except the chronic run-around at the Spa desk over the free five star thermal spa day.

Congrats, plus half (75%?) the fun was just getting there, right. Its own rewards.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, Tennessee Titan said:

Sorry to resurrect. Just curious. 5* was posted on my web site profile, haven't heard a word form HAL 5*s - in your experience how long does it take to get the pin, email, and /or welcome letter?

Mine came in the mail, but it was a couple of years ago.  DH was given his last year on the ship.  From reports I have read, the pins seem to be given out on the ships more and more.  

I’d give the Mariner’s Society a call.