Preordering Beer buckets

Grammyluvs

My husband likes NA Beer. The only one Princess carries is Heineken, which is ok for him. However, I wanted to preorder him the bucket and it doesn’t list the NA Heineken. Does anyone know if there is a way to order it before the cruise?Thanks

According to the Gifts and Services catalog

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/ (select 'Beverage Packages and Cellars')

only Dos Equis, Heineken, Bud and Bud Light are available in buckets. 

I have never heard of the non-alcoholic beer being available in the 5-for-4 buckets. You can certainly ask either room service or at the pool bars after you board. There is no point in pre-ordering buckets even if you wanted the "real stuff" as all there would be in your cabin is a voucher, not the beer itself. And trying to get through to room service on embarkation day to redeem the vouchers is a herculean task unless you are in a suite. If you wanted to surprise him with a cold one for sailaway you will have to procure it yourself once onboard. 

23 minutes ago, 63 Super Sport said:

I preorder the 5 for 4 bucket for my hubby. There will be a voucher in the cabin. I call as soon as we enter the cabin. It usually shows up by the time we are unpacked.  We are not in a suite. As stated you can always go to the pool bar when you get there.

I do the same and call Room Service almost first thing. I've never had a problem getting through on day 1 and like you the beer bucket is usually delivered before we are unpacked. I would hope that with the new beers that some of them will soon be available in the buckets as well.

We asked this very question on our last cruise after ordering one of the few buckets that were available online pre-cruise.  The bartender told us that the buckets of your choice were available once onboard but limited if you order them ahead of time online.  So, I would just wait until after you've embarked if you want something in particular.  

We were on the Royal last week.  They were not giving buckets with the beer. When my husband asked for a bucket of beer at one of the pool bars, he was given 5 beers to carry with no bucket and they told him they weren’t giving them out anymore.  The next day he went to a different bar by the adult pool and asked for the 5 beers.  He was charged for all 5 beers.  When he questioned the bartender, he was told he had to ask for a bucket of beer even though he wouldn’t receive them in a bucket.  He had the bartender change the order to “a bucket of beer” to get the 5 for 4. It was absolutely ridiculous.

17 hours ago, pcsunlover said:

We were on the Royal last week.  They were not giving buckets with the beer. When my husband asked for a bucket of beer at one of the pool bars, he was given 5 beers to carry with no bucket and they told him they weren’t giving them out anymore.  The next day he went to a different bar by the adult pool and asked for the 5 beers.  He was charged for all 5 beers.  When he questioned the bartender, he was told he had to ask for a bucket of beer even though he wouldn’t receive them in a bucket.  He had the bartender change the order to “a bucket of beer” to get the 5 for 4. It was absolutely ridiculous.

That does sound a little crazy!  We've always been given the deal when we've ordered the bucket of beer but then again, we've always been given a bucket.  

I guess too many of those buckets ended up disappearing ... even though the past few times, it was just a plain white bucket without any handles.  

BTW, you can order ice from room service and they bring it in a tall bucket.  It is better suited for a bottle of wine but we put a few bottles of beer into it to keep it cold.  I guess you could always take that up to the bar so you have a way to carry it back to your cabin.  Now watch .. those will also disappear.  

Buckets of beer are limited to certain brands. We tried to get buckets of Bass Ale and weren't able to do so. The bartender ended up having to call a manager who told her that Bass wasn't available in a bucket.

23 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

That does sound a little crazy!  We've always been given the deal when we've ordered the bucket of beer but then again, we've always been given a bucket.  

I guess too many of those buckets ended up disappearing ... even though the past few times, it was just a plain white bucket without any handles.  

BTW, you can order ice from room service and they bring it in a tall bucket.  It is better suited for a bottle of wine but we put a few bottles of beer into it to keep it cold.  I guess you could always take that up to the bar so you have a way to carry it back to your cabin.  Now watch .. those will also disappear.  

He just started using the blue Princess bag they gave us when we boarded.  I began calling it his “bag ‘o beer” haha!  He said next time he’ll bring one of those pumpkin Halloween buckets.😀

• Haha 1