When can you get the Fun Times on embarcation day?

Maplemoose

You get your first copy of the Fun Times when you get back to your cabin after dinner on the first night.  There are not many activities on the embarkation day.  Any activities available on the first day will be announced over the loudspeakers.  Most of the afternoon is taken up by embarkation and the life boat drill....then dinner.  There might be some entertainment (the Welcome Aboard Show) which will be announced.  Introduction programs for the kids club will be available too.  Also, there may be some spa raffles, etc. available. 

Edited by sailinglisa

4 hours ago, sailinglisa said:

You get your first copy of the Fun Times when you get back to your cabin after dinner on the first night.  There are not many activities on the embarkation day.  Any activities available on the first day will be announced over the loudspeakers.  Most of the afternoon is taken up by embarkation and the life boat drill....then dinner.  There might be some entertainment (the Welcome Aboard Show) which will be announced.  Introduction programs for the kids club will be available too.  Also, there may be some spa raffles, etc. available. 

There will be a copy waiting for you when you get to your cabin.  It will list what time the Matre'd is available and where, time of the muster drill, sail away party and many other things that are happening that day.  The one they deliver after dinner is for the following day.

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 2

We've always had the Fun Times in our cabin waiting for us after boarding (34 Carnival cruises), never not until after dinner. There are a number of activities on boarding day. The room steward leaves the next day's Fun Times when he/she does your cabin service in the early evening.

• 8 months later...

CJJ - They have the buffet, Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina open usually.  But depends on the ship and could be more,  but seems like that is generally what is available.  They are open until boat drill if I am not mistaken.  But you can eat something as soon as on board. Just know it will be busy, lots of people waiting in these areas until their rooms open, with all of their carry-on luggage.  Very crowded!

• Thanks 1

Some times, if you are extremely lucky, you can get copies on the web of the Fun Times for previous cruises for the same ship and ports for Eastern, Western or Southern cruises.  The problem is many of the copies are difficult to read even when available.  I also don't want Fun Times from 4 years ago.  

If available, it will give you a rough idea of what to expect.  In my case, the Fun Times are 3 months old with some changes to port times.  In addition, one of the ports has changed but I am still happy to have them.

HUB APP.  So, we are going to be on The Victory in November.  The ship normally boards at 11 AM.  When will the Fun Times pop up on the app?  Do I have to be on the ships wi-fi to get it?  Some ships I am able to hit their wi-fi from the dock.

If you have the Fun Hub app, you can get the Fun Times as soon as you board... in fact, depending on where you are and what device you have, you may be able to get them in the boarding lounge before you board! My friend was able to log into the app, connect and say 'Im Onboard Now' and she had full access. I tried the same thing but it wouldn't let me in until I was actually onboard... (this was on the Vista out of Galveston, YMMV!)