No Cabin Assigned Yet

richrhon1

We are on the 1/13 sailing on the Konigsdam.  We booked 2 cabins, VH-Balcony Guarantee.  We have still not received our cabin assignments.  Hope this works in our favor.  Got an amazing fare back in June.  Called TA asking what it would cost to upgrade.  :classic_ohmy:  We're sticking with the VH. :classic_laugh:

26 minutes ago, richrhon1 said:

We are on the 1/13 sailing on the Konigsdam.  We booked 2 cabins, VH-Balcony Guarantee.  We have still not received our cabin assignments.  Hope this works in our favor.  Got an amazing fare back in June.  Called TA asking what it would cost to upgrade.  :classic_ohmy:  We're sticking with the VH. :classic_laugh:

I am on the 1/6 sailing of the Maasdam and have no assignment yet.    There are a number of us on my roll call without cabins.    Today is 10 days out for us.   

We sail Oosterdam on January 26 and booked a few months ago a Neptune Suite guarantee.  I check each day to see if we have been assigned a certain cabin.  Still waiting!  Looking forward to whatever suite we are assigned!

33 minutes ago, BETELVE said:

I am on the 1/6 sailing of the Maasdam and have no assignment yet.    There are a number of us on my roll call without cabins.    Today is 10 days out for us.   

Just checked my messages.    My agent sent me the cabin number after I checked last night.    So for me 11 days out was the day.

We booked our last cruise on a Monday to sail the following  Saturday. We don't usually book guarantees but that was all that was available.  On Wednesday we got an email with an amazing upsell offer.  I called and it was sold out. I asked when my cabin would be assigned and he said soon. It was a couple hours later. I'm guessing I got the cabin of someone who got the upsell. 

4 hours ago, BETELVE said:

We are on the 1/6 sailing of the Nieuw Statendam, and still waiting for our assignment. As of yesterday, only insides were available to new bookings, but I noticed today that they added a few verandahs and vista suites, so I'm guessing that after a few upsells, they'll get around to us soon enough. No worries, we'll have a fantastic time no matter what cabin we end up with.

With HAL promoting "upsells" so aggressively now, the result is that cabin assignments often get pushed back to a point within a week of sailing (unless the cruise has been sold out early on).  HAL generally starts the upsell process from 2-4 weeks out and often does not finish this until just days prior to sailing.