Pay to Upgrade after final payment?

vacay40

Just wondering if I should contact my TA or not - I see there are bigger rooms available on our spring cruise and I have some $$ left from Christmas savings.  I've already paid for everything in full - can my TA upgrade our rooms if I pay the difference?  Or is this a huge hassle?

TIA for the info - 

Sure  you can pay to upgrade.   BUT,  know ALL the details with what you currently have booked and what the new offers and prices are.     If it appears there is still supply and prices are dropping,  you may want to hold off  and then take  advantage of bigger upgrades at  lower prices perhaps?   

Question on this same topic - I’m past final payment.  If I pay to upgrade, do I keep my perks from my booking and just get the more expensive cabin, or do I get whatever is being offered when I do my upgrade, even though I am past final payment?  Right now I have $300 OBC which I don’t want to lose.  Thanks.

IF they allow you to upgrade by paying the retail price of the room, you would get the current promotions. We did this once when we figured that our “low ball” bid price was more than the cost of paying the retail upgrade and getting the additional perks. 

Edited by BirdTravels

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

IF they allow you to upgrade by paying the retail price of the room, you would get the current promotions. We did this once when we figured that our “low ball” bid price was more than the cost of paying the retail upgrade and getting the additional perks. 

Great info Bird