Which hotel? Conrad Miami or Hilton Downtown Miami

Seattle Rose

My husband and I are cruising out of Miami in January and are arriving the morning before our cruise.  I’m using Hilton points for our hotel and currently have the Hilton Miami Downtown booked.  Wondering if that’s the best choice or should I change it to the Conrad.  We will have a full day in Miami.  The Conrad is 20,000 more points so not sure if it’s worth it. Thanks for your help.

"Worth it" is a totally subjective, personal decision ONLY you can make. I believe the Conrad is on the beach, isn't it? 

As a Hilton Diamond, I would probably take the Conrad...but that might just be me. 

You can check the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Conrad is on Brickell Ave, not on the beach.  Out of those 2 hotels, I would chose the Conrad.  Great location within walking distance to many restaurants, Brickell Citi Centre, downtown, short metro mover ride or walk to Bayside.  

The Conrad is also on the higher end of the Hilton chain.

The Hilton is within walking distance to things and a great hotel, but the area is not as great at night.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

"Worth it" is a totally subjective, personal decision ONLY you can make. I believe the Conrad is on the beach, isn't it? 

As a Hilton Diamond, I would probably take the Conrad...but that might just be me. 

The Conrad in Fort Lauderdale is on the beach, the Conrad in Miami is on Brickell Ave.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you are just looking for a place to lay your head, the Conrad may be overkill.  

Diamond - every time I see this, I chuckle.  During my first orientation at my old Waldorf Astoria, we were shown this video:  on You Tube - "Check-in Diamond Member".  https://youtu.be/WCqm4H3m3Ew