Odd things to remember

BigProc

Bungee Cords.  (create a clothesline, hold doors open, & make do with broken suitcase zippers etc)

Someone mentioned magnetic hooks.  Reserve one for each person to put on the backside of the cabin door.  Hang your key cards there, so you don't accidentally leave without them.

Lanyard for key card.

Dry erase board for outside door.  Dry erase board for inside to communicate with steward.

Bag to place all fridge items in, then stow under bed.  Note to steward to indicate you've done that so you aren't charged for or refilled those items.

Someone said empty water bottles - ditto.

Large plastic cup with straw.  They hold two drinks, so you spend less time in line.

Highlighter.  (for daily)

Dollar store glow things for party.

Board games/cards/puzzle.

Crown fix kit (dental).

Superglue. (don't use it for the above problem - that didn't end well)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ArtInMotionPersians said:

Bungee Cords.  (create a clothesline, hold doors open, & make do with broken suitcase zippers etc)

Someone mentioned magnetic hooks.  Reserve one for each person to put on the backside of the cabin door.  Hang your key cards there, so you don't accidentally leave without them.

Lanyard for key card.

Dry erase board for outside door.  Dry erase board for inside to communicate with steward.

Bag to place all fridge items in, then stow under bed.  Note to steward to indicate you've done that so you aren't charged for or refilled those items.

Large plastic cup with straw.  They hold two drinks, so you spend less time in line.

Crown fix kit (dental).

Great list! I've thought about lanyards, but wasn't sure how nerdy I would look haha.

I kind of want to know the superhlue crown story now! 

On a Dollar Tree run before Christmas I found their version of the poo-pouri, have not tried it but will be packing it for the trip.

I always take a travel size bottle of downy wrinkle release. I usually take a pop up hamper, but our next cruise is on the Epic-we are in a balcony room and from the videos I've watched I don''t know where we will put it, maybe the closet?

I always take scotch tape, highlighters and a few paper clips to stay organized. We take full size shampoo/conditioner/soap and I use the tape to secure the flip tops.

• Thanks 1

We're light packers, so we choose multi-taskers.

Lanyard with a easy off/on clip. 

Packing cubes! They make packing more efficient...and can be used for corralling stuff once you've unpacked. 

Large rubber drain stop that covers the sink drain--makes doing sink laundry a ton easier. I often use the body wash to wash clothes, so an enzyme stain stick also helps.

Small Bluetooth speaker--makes listening to music in your stateroom better; great for getting ready for dinner.

Blister band-aids

Keen sandals--wear them to the pool, at ports of call, and dinner. 

Clothespin/rubber band/paper clip or two.

4 hours ago, BigProc said:

Great list! I've thought about lanyards, but wasn't sure how nerdy I would look haha.

I kind of want to know the superhlue crown story now! 

Everyone is wearing lanyards, you won't look nerdy, they make life so easy!  Just get one that clips off at the end so you can easily hand to staff to be swiped.  Like these - https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Lanyard-Retractable-Detachable-Waterproof/dp/B071VFWX3S

Superglue turns out to be stronger than compromised teeth requiring the assistance of the crown in the first place.  😞  

I always pack a us military seabag for laundry. Reason being if you are leaving from a port that you drive to you can wear it off as a backpack and not have to get everything back into the suitcase giving room for souvenirs and the like coming home 

On 12/29/2018 at 7:40 PM, cathi007 said:

I am bringing the fabric folding cubes, for the closet. I got them at the dollar store

This is a great idea.  What size did you get and how many will fit on a shelf?  Kids' clothes on a cruise are out of control!

3 hours ago, Monica887 said:

Anyone have a good tip for organizing the stuff that accumulates on top of the dresser? Dailies, sunglasses, pens...just random junk. I have the closets and bathroom under control, but need storage ideas for the rest

I bring an over the door shoe holder with clear plastic slots and store everything in it! Sunscreen, brushes, cameras, hairspray, pens. Many things to keep handy and you know where everything is.

5 hours ago, Monica887 said:

Anyone have a good tip for organizing the stuff that accumulates on top of the dresser? Dailies, sunglasses, pens...just random junk. I have the closets and bathroom under control, but need storage ideas for the rest

I use these for dailies and other papers.

https://www.amazon.com/Strong-Magnetic-Clips-Refrigerator-Decoration/dp/B0796DCYFL/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_229_bs_tr_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AAWMW57T5K1RJC3ZTMEQ

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

This is a great idea.  What size did you get and how many will fit on a shelf?  Kids' clothes on a cruise are out of control!

10.5 x11x10.5, I bought them at family dollar. I got the idea for Jamielogical on one of these threads. I bought 12, 6 for our mini suite and 6 for my DD's. I think you can fit 4 in the clost on the shelves and about 5 on the top, but I figured 6 was plenty. 🙂

A small electric outlet extender with a breaker, small dollar store flashlights, a few small air freshners, will bring a small lot or what I call essentials-first aid , Tylenol, medicines, health and beauty stuff, eyeglass kit.  I will say I was infatuated with watching videos on youtube showing all the stuff people bring and pack for a week in a carryon and believe you me it was way overboard-I threw most away on the ship because of weight in my suitcase...…….

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:16 AM, ArtInMotionPersians said:

Lanyard for key card.

Crown fix kit (dental).

Dry erase board is great for inside the cabin but I would caution against putting one on your outside door unless you have a great sense of humor.  I cracked up at the things I saw written on passengers' dry erase boards (written by random other passengers as they walked by), not to mention the drawings!  I also recommend bringing post-it notes to use in the cabin for requests to your steward or to communicate with wandering teenagers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2018 at 2:33 PM, StampedersFans said:

Thanks.  Perhaps they don't have Bonine here in Canada.

We have gravol, which is stronger and better. In the U.S. you need a prescription to get gravol.

My mom found that out one year we went to Florida and I got a stomach bug. Every since we always travel with gravol.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 8:29 AM, tbo said:

On a Dollar Tree run before Christmas I found their version of the poo-pouri, have not tried it but will be packing it for the trip.

I always take a travel size bottle of downy wrinkle release. I usually take a pop up hamper, but our next cruise is on the Epic-we are in a balcony room and from the videos I've watched I don''t know where we will put it, maybe the closet?

I always take scotch tape, highlighters and a few paper clips to stay organized. We take full size shampoo/conditioner/soap and I use the tape to secure the flip tops.

Good call on the Wrinkle Releaser! 

On 1/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, rocklinmom said:

Dry erase board is great for inside the cabin but I would caution against putting one on your outside door unless you have a great sense of humor.  I cracked up at the things I saw written on passengers' dry erase boards (written by random other passengers as they walked by), not to mention the drawings!  I also recommend bringing post-it notes to use in the cabin for requests to your steward or to communicate with wandering teenagers.  

The random messages and drawings are the biggest reason I'm bringing a dry erase board! 

• Like 2