Cristobal Port

wsb121088

After we complete our excursion in Panama, we are supposed to be dropped off at Cristobal (not Colon) to await our ships return back through the locks.  Can anyone tell me anything about the port/terminal.   Is there anywhere to sit while you wait for the boat to come back?

I know that the shopping is at the Colon terminal which I wasn't worried about.   I just wanted to make sure there was someplace to sit at or get something to eat or drink.

Thanks for any info that can be provided!

Google maps shows Cristobal immediately adjacent to Colon and is where the docks are located.  For whatever reason, Princess refers to that stop as "Colon".  Probably because there's not much to Cristobal except the docks--everything a tourist would want is in Colon.

2 hours ago, wsb121088 said:

I know that the shopping is at the Colon terminal which I wasn't worried about.   I just wanted to make sure there was someplace to sit at or get something to eat or drink.

Thanks for any info that can be provided!

Seems that you are already familiar with the terminal building/pier.

They only have vendors inside selling souvenirs etc. 

We were there a few times and they did have a couple of roaming vendors selling drinks and there is limited seating but that's it.

Not a surrounding area that you should be venturing outside.

They are not the same place.  In this capture, Cristobal is at center left, and that is where Caribbean Princess docks when she emerges from the locks.  From what I have read on the Panama Canal forum here, there is nothing there.  The port for Colon is in the upper right, Manzanillo Bay.  Where you see the large ship tied up is where most of the ships go, especially those that are making port calls there.

enhance

There was a market set up under a tent like structure in Cristobal at the dock. The ship arrived shortly before we returned from our excursion, and many passengers were getting off to browse and shop as we were trying to board. I think there were a few chairs around, and vendors with beverages and snacks. You definitely want to take a water bottle and packaged snack, not all of the excursions provide much. 

There is a large tent on the pier with some vendors and a performance area. There are chairs in the performance area. If the ship has not arrived you can wait there. There is nothing else around. It's likely the ship will be docked by the time you return from the tour. I think we were docked in the early afternoon.